Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get a letter in the mail from the California DMV saying that my registration (for my bike) is expired because they have not received proof of "financial responsibility" (i.e. insurance) for my bike...

I have had insurance on my bike since I got it, back in late Nov.

According to this letter from the DMV, insurance companies are REQUIRED to send proof of "financial responsibility" to the DMV.

So I called my insurance company to see what the fuck was going on... and the excuse I get was:

Insurance Bitch: "Well, we often get alot of policies signed on the same day, and sometimes not all of the proofs of insurance make it to the DMV"

Me: "Well, apparently I now have to pay a reinstallment fee because of something that you guys didnt do."

Insurance Bitch: "Yeeeaah, well, unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about that."

Fucking bullshit, its been over three months since my bike has been registered with the DMV and that was AFTER I bought an insurance policy from this company.

Granted the reinstallment fee that I, yes I have to pay, is only $14... but thats still bullshit.

So, if anyone of you guys that live up here in NorCal got insurance through CULVER insurance... think twice about signing with them again... I know that I am going elsewhere.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
another reason i'm glad i left cali. When i was living there the car registration was out of hand compared to the rest of the nation.

·
428 Posts
I got that letter also, I'd be pissed if they didn't send that paperwork, it's 14 bucks but 14 bucks you didnt have to spend if someone did the job they were supposed to do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's nothing. Place I bought the bike from failed to send the correct title to the credit union I got the loan from. Previous owner thought he lost it, got a replacement, then found the original. He gave the original to the bike dealer. Of course the original was void because a new one was issued. The bank threatened me that they would have to charge me 'loan insurance' (expensive) or some such shit until they got the original title. I got the dealer involved and told each of them to figure it out, don't bother me. Told the dealer also that any extra charges from the bank would have to be paid by them. Havent heard from either of them for a couple of months. Hopefully it's all straightened out.

·
1,691 Posts
I wonder how much revenue that $14 makes the state over the course of say a year.

I don't understand why the insurance company doesn't have to pay for their screw up or why they won't just let you send in proof that you had insurance the entire time as opposed to paying some nominal fee for nothing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grandevil said:
I wonder how much revenue that $14 makes the state over the course of say a year.

I don't understand why the insurance company doesn't have to pay for their screw up or why they won't just let you send in proof that you had insurance the entire time as opposed to paying some nominal fee for nothing.
yeah I'm kinda hoping... but hopefully I wont have to argue with someone from the DMV for hours on end and not only have to pay $14, but then lose time that I could have spent working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts