Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who offers the insurance plan with the bike and car for what many people say is cheaper than what you pay for bike or car alone? I believe it was Allstate, but not sure.

·
Registered
393 Posts
tc10 said:
Who offers the insurance plan with the bike and car for what many people say is cheaper than what you pay for bike or car alone? I believe it was Allstate, but not sure.
I for one don't know, but I'll keep an eye on this thread so when we do find out I'll be getting that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
State-farm is the cheapest out there for most with both the bike and car on a policy. (not for me though) for me it was allstate, which I will be switching over when I get home from work. I just did a lil research myself.

·
301 Posts
Allstate told me that they DO NOT Insure Sport Bikes. STate Farm is quoting me 65% more on Car insurance than All State. So I save $$$ on the bike, but pay more on the cars. Duh

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bear said:
Allstate told me that they DO NOT Insure Sport Bikes. STate Farm is quoting me 65% more on Car insurance than All State. So I save $$$ on the bike, but pay more on the cars. Duh
weird... Not what the agent I was talking to said..

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I have my vehicles through Progressive, and my motorcycle through Nationwide. Getting ready to switch the bike to progressive because they are the same price wise now so I might as well go through the same place

·
3,306 Posts
Bear said:
I have insurance through Allstate on my bike.... and they do consider it a "sport bike" even though it's lame. I had to go through my actual insurance agent to set it up though. They are charging me $68 a month for full coverage on my bike...

and $200 a month on my car

·
Zippy's My bitch
18,231 Posts
Just switched to State Farm last week for my bike. Their price blew everyone out of the water by far. But, their quote for my car was hundreds more then what I am currently paying, so my car stayed with Geico and bike went to SF.

Ohh..and State Farm offices can operate differently. Some will insure soley the bike while offers require a car too to insure a bike. Just call around to different local agents.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
db79 said:
Just switched to State Farm last week for my bike. Their price blew everyone out of the water by far. But, their quote for my car was hundreds more then what I am currently paying, so my car stayed with Geico and bike went to SF.
LOL....same here. Same companies. :biggrin

·
301 Posts
I called maybe 4 or 5 SF agents and they all told me the same thing, no car, no bike. I paid $860 for full for my 07 750. I am expecting a small price drop this year due to it being a year older.

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
Bear said:
I called maybe 4 or 5 SF agents and they all told me the same thing, no car, no bike. I paid $860 for full for my 07 750. I am expecting a small price drop this year due to it being a year older.
I think it depends on which state.. I know in cali that seems to be the norm.. no car with them then no bike.

I have seen people in other states do a bike alone though.

·
Zippy's My bitch
18,231 Posts
Bear said:
Don't quote me, but supposedly that is their old policy. And it's actually how I signed up last week. Then I heard that if you call around there are agents that will do just the bike. I ended up just having my policy transfered a town over to an agent that found it weird that other agents are still going by that old policy.
Fortunately, Gieco gives 6 months to return to them with your same policy number and premiums. So, I just transferred my car back to them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
not sure if this helps you or not, but this is me.
My info....
self employed
married 11 yrs
one 9 yr old daughter
33yrs old
good lookin
hung like a draft horse.. LOL

current policies with the same company in kansas..

91 mazda work van liability
2005 chevy malibu ful coverage
2002 KTM 400 motard full coverage up to $4,000.
2006 suzuki GSX-R 600 ful cov.
$65,K(which I need to raise badly) in renters insurance

R U sitting down??

$99/ month :shock

just sold the Aprillia RSV Mille, and the 900RR, and my 3/4 ton chevy which all had full cov..... it dropped like 20 bucks....

STATE FARM is the best company by far. I will never ever switch again! I was gettign ripped off for years and years and never had any claims either!!!

I remember I got quoted back in 2003 like $125./month for full cov. on the Aprilia, and then someone told me that was good!! F that!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Bear said:
That's up to the agent you are calling. Some here told me the same exact thing. I then found one that would. He told me some agents don't care about the little prem a bike brings in, so they tell you that in hopes to get car/bike and maybe home. Call them back and say you know MULTIPLE people who have bike and NO car with Statefarm.

·
2,452 Posts
who is the company that protects against the Gremlins... LOL

·
1,691 Posts
I think there are several companies that offer a multiple vehicle discount. I have state farm and they have treated me really well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts