Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://financial.washingtonpost.com...?dispnav=business&mwpage=qcn&symb=MSFT&nav=el
Microsoft released Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 today, available via adownload page.This beta is aimed squarely at Web site developers, but onMicrosoft's IE8 blog, the company encourages anyone to try it out.
You might want to proceed with caution before tryin IE8, though. I forged ahead and installed the beta--and I experienced more browser crashes during my hands-on than ever before. Prior to installing the IE8 beta, I had Internet Explorer 7 happily running along.
So far, I think I've identified an incompatibility between my Google and Yahoo Toolbars and IE8; that's my working hypothesis for now, at least. My colleague, Harry McCracken, has also installed the IE8 beta, and his only crashes came when he, too, iinstalled the Google Toolbar. Stay tuned for further reports the more we at PC World use IE8--I'm personally looking forward to giving WebSlices a spin.
Read more great news on IE8

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
I just downloaded Firefox tonight, seems I've been missing out quite a bit. Good bye internet explorer.

What is better about it, I've never used it but always hear good things!

Nice brief review R1Lover..!

·
meh..buh
845 Posts
MS has a bunch of lazy buggers coding for them...ok I generalize..but it sure sems that they messed up everywhere.

For instance, I got a laptop with Vista BUSINESS...you'd think a business OS would be able to work with Windows small BUSINESS server. Nope. It requires a bunch of work arounds and in some cases (liek mine) its is completely incompatible.

Oh wait...thank god they released server 2008:rolleyes. Ya, like I'm going to be installing that without waiting a good year for them to sort out all the issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts