Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

It's not ALL in my head!

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  spike52 
#1 ·
I've mentioned before that my bike is cursed.

Well, this past week I bought a new battery and then a few days later had the steering head bearings replaced. Today it broke down on me again and it is decidedly not the battery.

The bike started bucking and surging, as if it was being starved of fuel. The FI light would flash for some periods and remain lit in others, but there didn't seem to be a pattern. I limped it to the nearest shop. It seemed to be a little better at a tad over 4k RPMs and held at a constant throttle or decelerating. It will stall in first gear frequently. But it will always start back up, and seems okay at idle.

It's cursed I tell ya.

I think this has been a long time coming because it has spontaneously turned itself off on a few occasions. I just hope it's an easy fix.

See less See more
#7 ·
Blocked injector(s)?
My k3 wouldnt rev past 9,000rpm at one point (coughing and spluttering). A half bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank fixed it very cheaply. Might be worth a try?

Alternately get your hands on a dealer mode switch, plug it in and carry a spare key so you can stop when the FI light is on, pop the seat/cowl, and turn the switch on to get the code.

#10 ·
i definitely would check the injectors, fuel pump, etc...also spark. have you replaced your plugs recently? start cheap and work your way to the more spendy shit. new spark plugs then i would move on to the fuel system. fuel pump, injectors, filter, anything between the gas in the tank and the injectors needs checked.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.