Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 2 months the turbo build is basically done. Few odds and ends to finish but its ridable and ready to be tuned. here are a few pics for your guys....

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Sweet! That thing is going to be a beast to ride! Love the blue wheels

·
Members
5,173 Posts
internal wastegate? How much boost are you going to run? I use to be heavy into turbo's back when I had my dsm in the 10's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
external gate. you can see it in the last pic. Tial 38mm with a .4 bar right now. Im going to see how much power it makes and go to a .5 bar.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
I take it you're tuning it at the dyno. I don't see an egt or wideband guages. Should be a monsterm. Might want to extend the swingarm a bit or you're gonna have a wheelie machine like no other. Should be fun as hell

T25 turbo or?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
down pipe is alittle too short for a wideband all the time. I could do a egt but I would have to data log it for any useful information. everything happens too fast on a bike to be looking at gauges. And yes going to be tuned on a dyno.

6" stretched swingarm is in the works at spencer cycle. Who makes a 530 sprocket for the Marchesini's?

·
Members
5,173 Posts
greddy use to make and egt with a peak button. As long as it has a peak button you just go for a ride WOT then hit the peak button and you can see the max temp you reached. It's a good indicator of how hot things are getting. If you get near the temp to melt alum then you know it's hot enough to warp a head, etc...W/O a peak/hold button then yes things go way too quick to be looking at guages.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will look into that down the road. I just want to get it tuned and go from there. water injection is next on the list if the motor stays together.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
water injection will keep the engine safer unless you use the wi to allow more boost HAHAH that's what i did. biggest thing is keeping the air temps down which wi will help. A side mounter ic would help a ton also, but on a bike it's hard to fit a very efficient one.

the exhaust temps and knocking are the most important things. just remember that even if you tune it on a dyno that doesn't mean that it's 100% as ambient air temps make a huge diff with a turbo. If i were you i would look at the motty to tune it as it tunes as you goes, but changes a hard coded map where the bazzaz just stores the info then you have to program it to change the map. Motty's software might just be what you need. I would talk to motty about it. i know in my car a nice 40 degree air temp made me need to lower boost or add more fuel if it got colder and more dense.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no dyno number numbers yet. I should get it done this weekend if they have time. Im shooting for 230-240 on torco

1 - 15 of 15 Posts