Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows how different these 2 years are as far as body work is concerned. I have a set of race plastic's from a K6 what is the main difference or should it be very similar to the K7 race plastic.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOS-Nelson said:
They aren't even close as far as mounting points go.
what about general size and shape? I can deal with making new mounting holes if i have to!

Thanks

·
529 Posts
This is purely by accident that I can do this. I am putting some cf airduct scoops on before I take some pics for a guy:shifty and my K5 race lower is in the garage. I know you would have to cut around the oil cooler to get the lower to come up to placement, but no big deal and this lower would be able to fit, the right back bolt is in in the pic and the left looks like you would have to bracket out to the bodywork. My track bike is at the shop on the lift so I will do some measuring tomarrow and if I have to pull the k8 upper to get to the scoops I will just pull the k5 upper and slide it on and snap some pics, but I hope not to pull the k8 upper. Email direct [email protected] and I will answer this for you with a bunch of pics. It's the least I could do for you.

·
529 Posts
I had my K8 tore down putting a final carbon piece on before taking some pics for a guy, since it's raining. So I pulled the K5 track body off to see how it fit since I owe you one. This could be done with a little bracketing inside from the two main side mount points to the body, the body is 2" back from the frame mounts, the fairing stay matches perfect and the bottom back right hit perfect, the bottom left back would need to be redrilled. The TaylorMade is keep the lower from mating to the upper. I'd guess two hrs of fab work and it would be tight enough to go fast. You may have to mod the K5 airducts, mine are at the shop so I can't check right now. I clicked a bunch of pics sully, pm me if you want more.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
loren said:
I had my K8 tore down putting a final carbon piece on before taking some pics for a guy, since it's raining. So I pulled the K5 track body off to see how it fit since I owe you one. This could be done with a little bracketing inside from the two main side mount points to the body, the body is 2" back from the frame mounts, the fairing stay matches perfect and the bottom back right hit perfect, the bottom left back would need to be redrilled. The TaylorMade is keep the lower from mating to the upper. I'd guess two hrs of fab work and it would be tight enough to go fast. You may have to mod the K5 airducts, mine are at the shop so I can't check right now. I clicked a bunch of pics sully, pm me if you want more.
Nice!! I dont mind a little fab work!! Thanks Loren

SS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts