Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the last one as a tutor so to speak, showing people in the two slow/novice groups lines etc but I wasn't on my bike. I was on a 89 FZR 600, which was good for what it was but I'm so looking forward to getting back out there on the K3, which has been pretty much collecting dust in the shed (garage) since before xmas due to it needing the steering head bearings done and a lack of funds to get the job do.

So the bikes in getting new steering head bearings today and I will be fitting second hand slicks for the day, well if the weather forecast looks good.

I've been asked to tutor/show lines etc for this one as well which is fookin awesome because it means I get in for free and can ride every session!!!!!

I hope to have a bullet cam on for the fast/expert session so once the days done I'll post up pic's and vid footage of how we do our trackdays down under bro!!!!

www.motoTT.co.nz

Attachments

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picked the bike up Friday morning, nearly lost it off the back of thrailer on the way home, took her for a test ride Sat morning all good, go out to the shed Sunday morning to see I'd blown a fork seal, so i stripped it down and have just dropped the forks into the mech who ses he will have them ready for Fridays trackday!!!!!

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So....

I picked up my forks and rims with the second hand slicks on and managed to get her all back together on Thrusday night.. mint! Already for Friday.

I rode down in the morning on the slicks... they needed warming up
, got to the track and had a fookin awesome day yet again. The slicks made a huge difference out there, they just feel so positive compared to the Pilot Powers! I'm gunna have to look at rear sets next i think as the stock ones are getting in the way now.

Now I said I would try to get a cam on the bike, but I ran out of time trying to get hold of one, lucky my mate kiwifruit got some footage of the back of his Mum's FZR that I rode last time, I knew he had it on so I hung in behind him and played silly buggas for a while.... hope ya enjoy it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts