Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondering how you guys put your bikes up on your trucks? What type of ramps do you use etc.

Reason for me asking is i own a Utility and im shit scared of putting my bike on it.

Pics would be appreciated as well.

thanks guys

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I use a bi-fold ramp i bought from Lowe's about 3-4 years ago. Works fine for me and fits in the bed next to the bike just fine. I use canyon dancer's as well.......BUT I will prob be changing my set-up here soon. I currently have a Baxley sport chock,(which is awesome!!!!!) and I barely put the straps on the front. A place I know sells a bar that goes throught the rear wheel and you run straps from the tot he front and tie it down and with the baxley, it doesn't move

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
I also use a bi-fold ramp, baxley Sport chock and 2 tie downs with canyon dancer, I put it in gear too.,,:biggrin

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Dont forget to set the parking brake.

Seriously, I use Baxley sport chocks, loosley tie the front so as not to smash the forks, then usually tie the back tire down with some soft straps tied around tire Or a wheel spoke. The rear sets are good anchor points as well depending on what your rearsets look like and if you can get a soft strap in them.

FYI - Soft Strap = about a 18" strap that has loops sewn at both ends. Most guys that ride dirt bikes will know what the are. They are my secret weapon to scratch free bike hauling.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
flounder said:
I just cant justify spending the money on a baxley although I would like one..
Check the racing boards-CCS, WERA etc, you might find one used on the cheap..
Also, what KWComp said, don't crush teh fork tubes...

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
flounder said:
I just cant justify spending the money on a baxley although I would like one..
Once you use it thought you won't stop. It's nice to have for sure! Pricey, but wrth it IMO

Kelevra said:
Check the racing boards-CCS, WERA etc, you might find one used on the cheap..
Also, what KWComp said, don't crush teh fork tubes...
It's been a while since i've seen one used.....i'll keep an eye out and post up if I see one

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Suprised no ones mentioned this yet...........I put a tie down around each upper bar of the swing arm and pull the bike forward into a wheel cholk. That does all the work. Then the two straps up top are used just for side to side balance and put virtually no pressure on your clip-ons. This is in a trailer but would be no differ in a truck............sorry no pics.

·
Registered
643 Posts
parkone said:
Suprised no ones mentioned this yet...........I put a tie down around each upper bar of the swing arm and pull the bike forward into a wheel cholk. That does all the work. Then the two straps up top are used just for side to side balance and put virtually no pressure on your clip-ons. This is in a trailer but would be no differ in a truck............sorry no pics.
never thought of that ill have to try it

·
529 Posts
Best ramp I've ever owned or used. Bought off Ebay from rampsforless, something like that for $189 free shipping. Had to do two auctions, 1 for the two runged ramps and 1 for the plated one. Drilled and used pins to hook them together, breaks down to 3 seperate folding arched ramps in a minute. Fits against the bed side with one bike in back, has to go in crew cab if I have two bikes in my Tundra. I usually leave it hooked toether and go. Baxley's and Canyon Dancer all the way, makes them solid.

·
315 Posts
I use a canyon dance and straps. The ramp is from Lowe's and is a 7 foot arched one.
Loading from flat ground is ok with help but when i back up to a hill i can load it by myself.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
TwoTyres said:
I use a canyon dance and straps. The ramp is from Lowe's and is a 7 foot arched one.
Loading from flat ground is ok with help but when i back up to a hill i can load it by myself.

I like to back up to a little hill to load mine too. I thought about building a wooden step platform.......maybe one day. nice bike!

·
28 Posts
FYI harbor freight has the wheel chocks for only 39.99 right now. Thats a STEAL! I picked it up for 69.99 (compared to many that are 200 bucks) and it works perfect, so i went back with my roommates and bought two more. Flawless and very convenient.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts