Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not getting it right away, but sooner then later.
I've had my current Dell 9300 for 3+ years, it's always worked flawlessly, and has been used hard, thousands of hours of movies, papers, internet etc. My whole fam. and most of my friends have Dells. I use the Apples at school, as well as the Dells, I prefer Dells. My current 9300 has a 17" screen and is a bit large for school transport, as well has having a 1.6Gig processor. The new, sleeker Dells have up to a 2.6Gig processor, and 4Gigs of Ram, and very small (they sell them at the bookstore at my University, 12% discount for students, nice!). It's near the same size as the new Apple lapper, a pinch larger, who cares. I'm still a fan of my Windows XP Professional over Vista though..
What do you all think?
http://www.dell.com/content/product...m1530?c=us&cs=2236&l=en&s=eep&~tab=bundlestab

Just click the blue link under the i.d. line...

It comes out to around $2K with the best Processor and Ram.

·
375 Posts
link doesnt work.. takes you to a log in screen .
what are you looking to do with it? and is the $2,000. before your 12% disc?
i have ben looking for a lap top and just picked up one a few days ago. went with a hp dv9715nr. has x2 procesor at 2.0 ghz and 2 gig ram with 2 exp slots for up to 4 gig,( but im told the o.s on vista wont see any thing above 3 gig ) 17 inch monitor, 1600 mhz bus , 512+512 cache, 250 gb h.d. ,double layer light scribe dvd wr, web cam, 4 usb ports, 1 1 pcmcia port, 1 fire wire port, wireless lan as well as the usual soft ware, ear buds etc.. was on sale this week for $750.00

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link does work, read the last sentence of the post... It says if you don't remember your user id, bla bla, click here..

I want something fast, and small, that can multitask many things at once.

·
737 Posts
I have a dell and it was good for the first lil bit but now i cant stand it i want ever gte another one and i paid 2200 for it i am about to order the imac 24in and my wife the mac book appel is the way to go

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
I have a Dell 9400 and a Dell Precision M90. Both great machines. I prefer 17" laptops myself, but that is a nice little machine. FYI...Alianware has a new 15" out that is kick A$$. has the new Nvidia 8800 graphics card and is dual hard drive capable.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KWComp said:
I have a Dell 9400 and a Dell Precision M90. Both great machines. I prefer 17" laptops myself, but that is a nice little machine. FYI...Alianware has a new 15" out that is kick A$$. has the new Nvidia 8800 graphics card and is dual hard drive capable.
I like the 17" screen too Kev, but the 9300 is a big fackker as you know. I have to lug it in my back pack, I'd rather the lighter, smaller higher speed kit.. Got a link for the Alienware? I always hear good things about their stuff..

·
67 Posts
i have the 13 inch version of what you want to get... and its on fast little beast.. it runs laps around my friends macbook and school macs. they are really good built quality too. they dont flex... very solid.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That Alien looks like great stuff, prolly a bit more muscle then I need, I'm good with the Dells..

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DrunkFrog said:
i have the 13 inch version of what you want to get... and its on fast little beast.. it runs laps around my friends macbook and school macs. they are really good built quality too. they dont flex... very solid.
Are you referring to the 13" Dell? That's the one I'm shooting for..

·
Um.. Venkman?!?!
1,028 Posts
Ahh dont game on computers soo I have a mac.. No viruses no worries makes i tunes and everything else so easy. If youve never used them they are REALLY nice

·
67 Posts
the 13 dell xps. thats what i was talking about. plus it has a really nice and big keyboard for its size. i dislike the macs keyboards and they look really bad after a month of using them.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DrunkFrog said:
the 13 dell xps. thats what i was talking about. plus it has a really nice and big keyboard for its size. i dislike the macs keyboards and they look really bad after a month of using them.
My current Dell keyboard looks very beat, haha, but it's taken 3 years of constant abuse.. I use Apples at school, they're cool, but I prefer teh Dellz.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
I love dell, but can't stand their customer service. Damn transfering me to India. I wouldn't ever buy another one except that in Austin where we are moving to has the dell hq. So i'll buy another one and if I ever have an issue, you best believe i'm driving there LOL

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
motomummy said:
I love dell, but can't stand their customer service. Damn transfering me to India. I wouldn't ever buy another one except that in Austin where we are moving to has the dell hq. So i'll buy another one and if I ever have an issue, you best believe i'm driving there LOL
I have a direct number written down somewhere, it bypasses the India routine, you get to speak to a real live American, lollz. So far, my CS experiences have been fine, the India ones were ok too, they've improved over there too..
I was checking out the demo 13" at my university today, as they have a store there with Demo Dells, and Apples too. Saving for the Dell, eventually, heh.

·
67 Posts
xps users get there own help line.. and so far they have been useful. i have a fully pimped out version of the m1330 when it first came out. 4 gigs of ram and all. try and get a 7200rpm hard drive as it is lot better then the 5400rpm. also the finger print reader is bad ass for 30 ish dollars... but thats just cuz i am lazy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts