Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a dealer to look at a white/silver 2006 gixxer 600 w/ only 18 miles on it listed for $7295, but saw it had a scratch on the right tail section and stator cover was touched up. They said it went down at a low speed and replaced the side fairing. I offered $7000 otd but they would only go to $7200 otd. I asked them to knock off $100 so I could get the right side tail part but they wouldnt budge. Keep in mind its a dealer, so theres tax, title and docs....that's why I was asking OTD pricing. I'm sure theres a bunch cheaper if I go private sales, but its kinda hard to find the white/silver ones.

My question is, should I take it or keep lookin?

·
113 Posts
I would not buy it for that price. Its a 2k6 its already 2 years old and it has crash damage. For 7K you could pick up a sweet K6 1000.

Just to give you an idea....I got my K7 blk/org GSXR 1000 mint showroom condition with 2000 miles on it for $7700. The bike came with a 2-Bro CF Slip-on exhaust and a bunch of other lil after market parts. The deal included 1 Shoei RF-1000 and 1 Joe rocket Mesh Jacket and a set of a* street gloves. I also got all the stock parts. However i did buy from a private seller and not a dealership.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
ahhyeah1212 said:
I went to a dealer to look at a white/silver 2006 gixxer 600 w/ only 18 miles on it listed for $7295, but saw it had a scratch on the right tail section and stator cover was touched up. They said it went down at a low speed and replaced the side fairing. I offered $7000 otd but they would only go to $7200 otd. I asked them to knock off $100 so I could get the right side tail part but they wouldnt budge. Keep in mind its a dealer, so theres tax, title and docs....that's why I was asking OTD pricing. I'm sure theres a bunch cheaper if I go private sales, but its kinda hard to find the white/silver ones.

My question is, should I take it or keep lookin?
I'd keep looking, personally.. Perhaps you'll find an 07 Left over for around that price..

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys....yeh now that I think of it, dealer's always screw you over...but why get screwed over for a dropped bike? Might as well get screwed over for a NEW one:biggrin

·
Registered
66 Posts
ahhyeah1212 said:
thanks guys....yeh now that I think of it, dealer's always screw you over...but why get screwed over for a dropped bike? Might as well get screwed over for a NEW one:biggrin
Oh so True

·
301 Posts
KEEP LOOKING. I paid $5600 Cash Cash Cash for an 07 600 with 617 miles in Oct. It had rash on the left, but well worth me replacing for the money. You will find better and remember,....................... Cash is KING!!!!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Bear said:
KEEP LOOKING. I paid $5600 Cash Cash Cash for an 07 600 with 617 miles in Oct. It had rash on the left, but well worth me replacing for the money. You will find better and remember,....................... Cash is KING!!!!
Totally, and this is the off season, so good deals can be had, keep looking!

·
Yolo Swaggins
8,942 Posts
Bear said:
Damn that's a deal...

·
28 Posts
FYI in 2006 I paid 6000 for my white and silver with 607 miles on it. Keep in mind it was a new body style which most liked so it made it a little more valuable. Keep looking bud, your getting boned.

·
168 Posts
Just look some where else for a used bike, or just save a little more. Just think you willing to spend 7000.00 if you can get a little more money. you could buy a left over 07 600 new

1 - 17 of 17 Posts