Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Kawasaki Dealer to pick up some oil for my bike (They are the only ones that carrys what I us) And there was this guy in his 60s talking to the sales guy about trading in his 05 Ninja 250 for a new cruiser. They told him they would they would give him $1300 for his trade. Well I was outside talking to the gentleman and looking at the bike. I told him I would give him $1500 cash right now if he wanted to sell it. He said you have yourself a deal. So I sent my girlfriend to the bank and we did the sale. Well the salesperson got all pissed off and jacked the price of the cruiser up $2300 on the guy. The salesperson told him that he was factoring the trade into the deal, And the Gentleman said "you were only giving me $1500 for my trade why are you jacking the price up $2300." Then the gentleman Said forget it, I'll go somewhere else." He shaked my hand and gave me his phone number and said "if you have any questions just give me a call." Then left.

Details on the bike
Looks brand new, not a scratch anywhere.
All service done at Kawasaki with all the paperwork
Only has 4123 miles on it

Now hope fully I can talk my girlfriend into taking the MSF course.

·
750 Posts
hell yeah man...its all about timeing:fact

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dealer should be beaten for that tactic. Low ball the trade in then jack the price. What an ass.
Congrats on your making the deal !! Nice bike. My GF has an 07 two-fiddy and loves it.

·
Yolo Swaggins
8,942 Posts
Pretty much financing in general is a rip off, you will always pay more than if you just bought it cash... Just some dealers bend you over worse than others...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts