Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. After YEARS of going back and forth on buying my first motorcycle and taking the MSF class, at 46 years old I finally took the plunge. I bought a 2013 M50 last month with only 1,202 miles for $2,900. The previous owner had it bobbed with a kit from Blue Collar Bobbers and it also came with aftermarket wrapped pipes. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I've always been drawn to bobbers for some reason. Anyway, I'm looking forward to finally hitting the open roads and learning from you guys here as I like doing most of the maintenance on my vehicles myself.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm a 46 year old father of two (almost three), live in SC, and currently haven't ridden anywhere since the MSF class last weekend as it's been raining almost every day since. However, I'm planning on only riding around my neighborhood for the first week or two to get more confidence before I actually hit the public roadways. I'll attach a few pics, but they're not the greatest. She looks better in person.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Motor vehicle

· Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm 58 and getting started again as well, haven't been seriously riding in 25 years. picked up my uncles old GS 850 got her running great and now just waiting for warm weather to stretch her out.
Enjoy

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked at some of the old Suzukis on Facebook marketplace. You can get some for great prices, but the maintenance on them intimidates me. Maybe after learning a little more about old motorcycles (particularly with working on carburetors), I'll pick one up.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think if I ever feel the need to have more power than my current 805cc M50, I'll get either a Yamaha Stryker or Raider, so I'm definitely not just stuck on Suzuki. However, on Facebook marketplace near me, there seems to be a lot of older Suzukis for sale at the $1,000 mark or less. If I ever wanted to give an older project bike a go, it'll most likely be one of them. Plus, they look kind of cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts