Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

New Hauler

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Bear 
#1 ·
Picked this up today. Almost bought a used 6x10, but went for a new 7x14. Need some chocks. Any suggestions? May need a new rig to tow this SOB too. My 4runner was draggin it's ass haulin this sucker home.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
mpdgsxr1000 said:
Baxley wheel chocks hands down, all you need is two straps pulling down the rear towards the chock and nothing else
Yea, those are what I'm eyeing. Looks like the goin rate is $229.00 or so. Tempted with cheapies but I should get it right the first time.

#6 ·
Grandevil said:
I wonder if my truck could handle a trailer.
Got this from an article about the Lightning.

The Lightning's 5000-lb towing capacity and 800-lb payload capacity will not displace many one-ton dually pickups from the heavy lifting chores. But the Lightning is equipped to provide the basic benefit of owning a truck; the ability to haul heavy objects. So Lightning owners can use their truck to haul a boat to the lake or to take a car to a show or race track.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Veh...cks/2001_Ford_F-150_Lightning.S275.A4065.html

Link to the article for ya Mel.

Josh

#8 ·
Jixxer Josh said:
Got this from an article about the Lightning.

The Lightning's 5000-lb towing capacity and 800-lb payload capacity will not displace many one-ton dually pickups from the heavy lifting chores. But the Lightning is equipped to provide the basic benefit of owning a truck; the ability to haul heavy objects. So Lightning owners can use their truck to haul a boat to the lake or to take a car to a show or race track.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Veh...cks/2001_Ford_F-150_Lightning.S275.A4065.html

Link to the article for ya Mel.

Josh
SWEET! Thanks

mpdgsxr1000 said:
does it have a transmission cooler?

an open trailer should be no problem, an enclosed you will want the transmission cooler and larger brakes in the truck
Hmmm not sure. I think there is a mod for it though. I have been wanting to upgrade the brakes on that thing forever.

#9 ·
DAYEM! Nice hauler bro! I used to pull my buds trailer (which had both our race bikes in it and a ton of spares), it was right around that size too. We hauled it with my 4.7 liter 01 Toyota Tundra, up to Loudon, NH, the truck handled it with ease.. Congrats!!

#12 ·
Very nice trailer man!
on the baxley's I think I got mine for about $215 shipped through Mccoy's. They also sell what MPD said, a bar that slides through the rear axle and you strap it towards the front of the bike and that's it! I need one of those

#13 ·
Captain Squid said:
Very nice trailer man!
on the baxley's I think I got mine for about $215 shipped through Mccoy's. They also sell what MPD said, a bar that slides through the rear axle and you strap it towards the front of the bike and that's it! I need one of those
another option for a chock is the Pitbull rear chock

http://www.pit-bull.com/trailer-restraint.shtml

#15 ·
Captain Squid said:
^^^^^^ That would be a good option as well. I forgot about those, although I have never seen one in person, i'd like to check it out hands on
they are brand new on the market, about 4-5 years ago me and my buddy John thought of doing something like that since his 92 GSXR 1100 had to be put in a trailer backwards to be strapped down due to the suspension work done to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.