Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is TJ Johnston. I'm 18 and i live in Wichita Kansas. I currently am about to purchase a 1995 Kawasaki Ninja... $1000 aparently, but it needs tags and inspection. Is this an alright bike? I'm a little low on funds atm, but come june i will be investing in a 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600.
aspiring gixxer rider lol. anyways. It will be my first bike, anyone have any tips? thanks

TJ

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
TJ,
WELCOME!
Sure the Ninja is fine to start with, what size/condition is it?
Better to get a used beater to learn on anywaze, hehe

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 1995 kawasaki ninja 250. its in alright condition, it starts right up and runs well, i will test drive it soon. its my neighbors. lol is it anything like riding a dirt bike?

·
7,611 Posts
TJ Johnston said:
its a 1995 kawasaki ninja 250. its in alright condition, it starts right up and runs well, i will test drive it soon. its my neighbors. lol is it anything like riding a dirt bike?
wow. i think we got ourselves some fresh fish here boys.
DO US ALL A FAVOR BRO AND TAKE A COURSE. Its nothing like it. but still leave the bike in your will to me
wait its a ninja 250? Leave it to sarah, she likes to crash hers.
j/k

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Sounds like a great learner bike. Do you know anyone else that rides that might be able to help ya out? It's easier in person to teach someone stuff.
on taking the class!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
TJ Johnston said:
Not really like a dirt bike, it s parallel twin 4-stroke, DB's are usually Singles, either 2 or 4 stroke.
But seriously, its a great starter bike, easy to toss around too, super lite, small, etc. See where there is a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) class in your area, take it and learn how to ride properly, you can thank me laterz! Send me a PM if you've got any Q's..
Jordan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actually, i believe on the side of it, it reads"Twin-cam, power 8 stroke" no idea what this means. and yup, i'm a fresh fish. i'm also graduating soon and heading to the airforce in october :/

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
TJ Johnston said:
actually, i believe on the side of it, it reads"Twin-cam, power 8 stroke" no idea what this means. and yup, i'm a fresh fish. i'm also graduating soon and heading to the airforce in october :/
Nah, it's got two cams, but 4 valves/cylinder=8 valves.
But it is a parallel twin 4 stroke, trust me..

Either way, make sure it runs well and it's safe, and get out there sonnnn!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ah yes, 8 valve. couldn't remember the name, it says that. anyways how much would a class be? also to get my license?

how do i suscribe to threads? can't seem to figure it out

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
In your USER CP it should give you a few options for subscribing to threads. You can also change some things on oyur profile there

·
3,306 Posts
Fukucacheme said:
wow. i think we got ourselves some fresh fish here boys.
DO US ALL A FAVOR BRO AND TAKE A COURSE. Its nothing like it. but still leave the bike in your will to me
wait its a ninja 250? Leave it to sarah, she likes to crash hers.
j/k
oh shaddup. i wrecked once and it wasn't my fault

but this guy is right... take an MSF course and get your license :beerthat's what i did before i ever even got on a bike!

·
350 Posts
TJ Johnston said:
how do i suscribe to threads? can't seem to figure it out
Definately take one of those MSF courses. I took one of them 2 years ago, great course! It was around 300 I think, 2 day course, have to have your permit it for it at least, Some of the courses you can get your full license out of it at the end, instead of taking your road test. Thats how it is in some courses here in New York, Definately look for something that you can get your license at the end. You will feel more comfortable taken there test. Anyway good luck

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Ssmack5 said:
Definately take one of those MSF courses. I took one of them 2 years ago, great course! It was around 300 I think, 2 day course, have to have your permit it for it at least, Some of the courses you can get your full license out of it at the end, instead of taking your road test. Thats how it is in some courses here in New York, Definately look for something that you can get your license at the end. You will feel more comfortable taken there test. Anyway good luck
I took it too and learned a good bit
I got my liscense at the end too! Good deal!

·
3,306 Posts
I got the highest score in my class of 30 people

all the grown men who already have bikes were like WTF

it was great

but yes... the MSF is the best way to go

1 - 20 of 35 Posts