Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, New to the forum. I just found it while trying to look for a resolution to an issue I am having with my 2009 GZ250. It had been setting for a long time. I got a new battery, Drained the old gas, did an oil and filter change. I got it to run but I could not put any throttle to it with out it dying. It would idle. I pulled the Carb and cleaned it. The choke cable broke on me so for now till the new one gets here I have put in the Pin and spring to keep the Choke off. I can crank it but it has a very slow idle. If I apply just a little gas it cuts off. If I remove the air filter and spray some starter fluid into the throat of the carb it cuts off. If I hammer down on the throttle it sputters a lot then finally starts revving up. As long as I keep 3/4 to full throttle I can get it to run under throttle. If I let go it goes back to a slow idle. Anywhere in between and it dies. Throttle response is also very slow. Thanks in advance for any information or clues you can provide.

· Super Moderator
200 Posts
Welcome to the forum .., Still some plugged jets , orfices ,,,. Deep cleaning needed , I suggest Berryman carb dip , 2 day soak , wire from a standard wire brush in some small locking pliers is what I use ..., Hi pressure air to blow out circuits ..., Be sure to re connect air filter box and runners along with filter element for proper airflow is vital to proper performance .....,

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my berrymans carb dip, will soak my carb for a few days. also got my choke cable. will replace that and check for vacuum leaks. Right now this is the only bike I have. Got it to learn on and then ended up letting it set for too long. Just getting it back out to re learn everything and then will probably move on to a bigger bike.

· Super Moderator
200 Posts
Bigger does'nt always mean better ..., It's what you feel is best for you ..., your style of riding , your preference ... Ride often , have fun , And most important , be safe ...,
Our loss of 4 riders in the last week is incentive to ,, LOOK OUT FOR THE OTHER GUY ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts