Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHen you take off your rear hugger, how do you run your rear brake line? picture would be nice, Thanks..
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Hmm on my bike I think there are tabs on the swing arm that the line fits into. Otherwise a couple of well placed zip ties might do the trick. Post a pic to give us an idea.

Hey Blake!
 

·
Level 7 awesome
Joined
·
34,135 Posts
Grandevil said:
Hmm on my bike I think there are tabs on the swing arm that the line fits into. Otherwise a couple of well placed zip ties might do the trick. Post a pic to give us an idea.

Hey Blake!
R4Ltony said:
Mine never came with a hugger, the swing arm has stock brackets..
+2 my swingarm holds a clamp for mine
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
i know this isnt a gixxer and I do have a hugger but...its just an idea, I made a custom "hook"/bracket to hold my rear brake line...its even got a rubber coating on it:sneaky

oh and if your wondering about the hole in the side of the hugger, thats where one of the stock brake line clips went. that hole is now plugged similar to the plug on the swingarm...and yes my bike is dirty but its winter so FU:lol
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wicked1 said:
i know this isnt a gixxer and I do have a hugger but...its just an idea, I made a custom "hook"/bracket to hold my rear brake line...its even got a rubber coating on it:sneaky

oh and if your wondering about the hole in the side of the hugger, thats where one of the stock brake line clips went. that hole is now plugged similar to the plug on the swingarm...and yes my bike is dirty but its winter so FU:lol
Yeah, I will have to do something like this cause the holding hook on mine is on my hugger. Thanks
 

·
Members
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
Don't have jack holding either of our bikes rear brake line there. Never had an issue if you route it the right way and watch how you bend it. on the r1 I did use a tiny zip tie to hold it to the ehxaust bracket though. The swingarm is welded up so nothing is on there to mount it and the rear hugger is solid cf so nothing there either.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
outofmydepth said:
Are you kidding?

My bike hasn't looked that clean since it left the showroom floor.
ok ok so its not filthy but i like to keep my bike extremely clean...i cleaned it up somewhat well when i put it away for the winter but there was a day i had to take it down the road a few blocks...so to me its dirty, in the summer its like a second job keeping her clean from all the miles i put on:lol
 

·
Level 7 awesome
Joined
·
34,135 Posts
outofmydepth said:
Are you kidding?

My bike hasn't looked that clean since it left the showroom floor.
Same here.....I ride mine, not clean it
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
:blah

i put 5k on in the last 3 months of the rideing season so im doing good...i get bored and i clean when i cant ride...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
motomummy said:
I tried running w/o a hugger, but the bike got filthy so fast i'll never run w/o that or the chain guard again.
It is a track bike and I might switch to the taller Dunlop 209's ,190's so I have to take my hugger off to do this or it will rub. On street, definitely would leave it on there.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
i have a puig hugger on my bike with a 6inch chainguard thats really there to clean up the apperance in that section of the bike. I dont use chain wax or anything i just bust out the WD-40 after my rides...chain stays extremely clean and so does the rest of the bike:thumbsup
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
i use the rear brake when im on gravel or alot of rain, but otherwise never...unless im stuck at a red light on a hill
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top