Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of ANYBODY laying down a 1.37 60' and an 8.72 1/4 mile on a stock length Gixxer 1K. Specs on the bike are lowered front end, exhaust, TRE, PCIII, putting down 180 to the rear wheel. I know what a 1.37 60 foot is, I used to run them regularly in my car, I am saying no way in hell is anyone launching a stock length bike that hard. What do you guys think?

·
1,055 Posts
i belive it there is a a guy around here that is a very talented/expirienced drag racer i seen him make some rich kid with a streched busa and nitrous look like an idiot and he was using a stock lengh old school 750

it would take a lot but i think it would be possible

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
KWComp said:
Anyone ever heard of ANYBODY laying down a 1.37 60' and an 8.72 1/4 mile on a stock length Gixxer 1K. Specs on the bike are lowered front end, exhaust, TRE, PCIII, putting down 180 to the rear wheel. I know what a 1.37 60 foot is, I used to run them regularly in my car, I am saying no way in hell is anyone launching a stock length bike that hard. What do you guys think?
Not to divert the topic, but what sort of times do you do with your turbo Busa's?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
the bike was oldgixxer's k5 1000, and the rider was tommy micelli from extreme machines. stock wheelbase, but lowered, strapped, and geared. plus lots of other mods, made about 210 or so at the wheel. if i remember correctly it went 8.6x with a low 1.3 60' time.

but i have to wait for him to e-mail me the slip since i don't remember the exact times.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More details - The bike is lowered, strapped, and running an air shifter. I guess the ET might be possible with that, but that 60' time still seems way to low to me.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kelevra said:
Not to divert the topic, but what sort of times do you do with your turbo Busa's?
It hasnt been to the dragstrip yet. When I get spare time and have to make a decision between hitting the track (road course) or the dragstrip, the Track always wins.
Used to build and drag race cars for years and years....., got kind of burned out on it.

·
Yolo Swaggins
8,942 Posts
KWComp said:
It hasnt been to the dragstrip yet. When I get spare time and have to make a decision between hitting the track (road course) or the dragstrip, the Track always wins.
Used to build and drag race cars for years and years....., got kind of burned out on it.
No disrespect or anything like that, just curious...

If your kinda burned out on drag racing why did you build a turbo busa?

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mphis Style said:
No disrespect or anything like that, just curious...

If your kinda burned out on drag racing why did you build a turbo busa?
I built two bikes at the same time, one road course, and one slammed and stretched (the Busa). As for the Busa, its fun to ride, and the goal there was to build a really fast bike that was comfortable, ran on pump gas, and was reliable in any traffic condition. If I were to build a bike for drag racing the way I want it, it wouldnt be a bike that could be driven on the street for any length of time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.