Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the part number is for a K&N Oil Filter that will fit an 06 600? The Manual only says... "Use a genuine suzuki oil filter or an equivalent filter designed for your motorcycle"

And what about the part number for a K&N or BMC Air filter if you have that handy too... THANKS!

·
2,452 Posts
just look it up at the store or call cycle gear and ask them....

·
315 Posts
heres the engine oil filter that fit.

These Oil Filters
have 20 x 1mm threads,
11 psi by-pass valve,
anti-drain back valve.

AMSOil SMF 109
Bike Master 314-0025
Champion PH7016
Cycle Power 314-1919
Emgo 10-55662
Emgo 10-55660
Fram PH6018
Hi-Flo HF138
J.C.Whitney ZX063166P
K&N 138
NAPA 1359 / WIX 51359
Parts Unlimited
Per-Form J-509
ProPart 01-0029
Purolator ML16818
STP SMO-18
Suzuki 16510-03G00-X07
VESRAH vsf-3009

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

·
2,452 Posts
or you could just look above....

i didnt even know they had a list for that.... you learn something everyday

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Now do any of the sponsors on this site sell a K&N 138? I'd rather buy it from one of the sponsors than some random store online... plus the autozone nearby doesn't carry anything for my bike.

THANKS AGAIN

·
Site Supporter
243 Posts
KN-138 is real popular and CycleGear always has them in stock. Almost every gixxer uses them and even my Kan-o-tuna does.

·
315 Posts
someone did a review of these filters, they cut them open and inspected them in a few different categories.
The one that came out on top was the Suzuki filter. I am using the VESRAH which was in the test.

I see if i can find it.

Here it is. It was in the link i post earlier.

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterStudy.html

Looks like the K&N is a waste of money.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
What is more important then the filter you use is how often you change it. I only go 3k miles before an oil and filter change, but I do use the scotts so I don't use any other filters. Changing it often though is more important then the brand of filter or oil imo...

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I've thought about getting a Scott's for a few years now lol I just keep putting it off

·
315 Posts
I change my oil and filter every 3K. Last year i was using motorex semi sync but this year i switched to amsoil because i can get it cheaper through work ($31 a gallon for 10w40 motorcycle oil)

·
Members
5,173 Posts
yes we sell the scots. They are 104 shipped. Yes i use to change mine at 3k and now i just clean the scotts every 3k. Some places will tell you that 5k miles is fine, but imo these suckers rev to all hell and the place that built our block for our r1 stated that every 3k with the abuse these bikes go through is the best maintenance you can do. After 60k on our r1 our internal engine looked mint. Tuning it well and changing the oil every 3k and these engines can go a long ways making max hp.

I'm a huge fan of buying good equipment (filter, chain kit, air filter) and taking care of it so it lasts a very long time. In the long run you often save over buying cheaper stuff imo...

·
Members
5,173 Posts
how long does it take to pay off any other mod if you want to make it a 100% financial situation? I like not having to go buy one all the time and knowing that it filters better then an oem filter and is useable on ANY suzuki sportbike.

People often just like the best for their bike and some just like to tinker with it lol It's not about a 100% financial situation or we should all be riding vespa's and saving gas LOL

I never said it's 100% better and the best bang for the buck...it's just a nicety not to have to go buy one and in the long run it starts to pay itself off and on our r1 it's paid itself off 2 times
and if we do another yami sportbike as our next project we'll probably sell the r1 we have and move the filter over to the new one. It's the same with an rk breaker kit as well. How many chain kits do you need to do to pay one off? Just nice to have it at times and especially if you plan on keeping it for the long haul. If you plan on selling it in a year or two then not worth it most likely....

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
motomummy said:
If you plan on selling it in a year or two then not worth it most likely....
I understand your point... I just wanted to point out to those that don't keep their bikes for more than a couple years or don't put that many miles won't see that much of a benefit. Personally I'm not impressed with the Scott's one. I'll stick with the Purolator filters.

·
905 Posts
I do those sort of km on my bikes (except when stolen or crashed first!) ... and i still use stock air filters. Keeping crap out is more important to me than the cost difference in the long term

... and im not interested in cleaning and re-oiling the filter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts