Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys tried. I just have an after market air filter and pipe on. So I picked the map according to what I have and after a few months it started running rich. So I put it back to the stock map which seems to help it but still is a little rich. I only have a little over 10k miles on it. I was thinking about getting it tuned because of how much it pops. Then I thought maybe if I just through a new map in there that it could fix it. Just trying to figure out the best way to fix it.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
yup, only way to really gain anything from a pc3 is to get it custom mapped.

those maps you can download off the internet will run rich in order to prevent motor damage.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
dyno tune unless you can find a map that is perfect for your exact mods and then you should be okay, but every bike differs a bit. IF you get a map for the exact mods you have though you should okay, but it won't be the best without a custom tune.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be the next thing I don't know if I would be able to trust a map that someone gives me anyway. I have one quote for $275 to get a custom map. I talked to on of my friends locally and he said there's a guy that lives5 miles away from my house that will do it cheaper so I will have to see what his offer is. I'm in south central Pa so if anyone know of a better price in the area let me know.

Thanks to all who replied and reassuring my decision on getting a custom map. I will have to save up money to get it done. My birthday is an April and I want to get my own soldering/desoldering station so I can make money with it. I talked to my dealership where I got my bike and I will be able to set something up where I can change the color of the back lighting on the gauges. So we will charge $50 they get $15 and I get $35. So i figure if I do a bunch of those I will have the money for the custom map.

So an early heads up if anyone would want me to change their back lighting on their gauge PM me. I just want to help people out that don't want to spend $50 bucks to get it done. If you live close to me and would want to drive it to my house it will take me about 30 mins start to finish to get it done.

Any of you guys who have your own business like Motomummy and captainsquid
(If I remember right) that have a bike project that you would want this done let me know. Just PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks again for all the help,
Tom

·
Registered
322 Posts
GixxerTom said:
That would be the next thing I don't know if I would be able to trust a map that someone gives me anyway. I have one quote for $275 to get a custom map. I talked to on of my friends locally and he said there's a guy that lives5 miles away from my house that will do it cheaper so I will have to see what his offer is. I'm in south central Pa so if anyone know of a better price in the area let me know.

Thanks to all who replied and reassuring my decision on getting a custom map. I will have to save up money to get it done. My birthday is an April and I want to get my own soldering/desoldering station so I can make money with it. I talked to my dealership where I got my bike and I will be able to set something up where I can change the color of the back lighting on the gauges. So we will charge $50 they get $15 and I get $35. So i figure if I do a bunch of those I will have the money for the custom map.

So an early heads up if anyone would want me to change their back lighting on their gauge PM me. I just want to help people out that don't want to spend $50 bucks to get it done. If you live close to me and would want to drive it to my house it will take me about 30 mins start to finish to get it done.

Any of you guys who have your own business like Motomummy and captainsquid
(If I remember right) that have a bike project that you would want this done let me know. Just PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks again for all the help,
Tom
central pa, where about, and how far are you willing to travel to get this done

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aaronass said:
central pa, where about, and how far are you willing to travel to get this done
About 1 1/2 to 2 hours west of you. I'm in Lancaster county. Depending where you are at I can come out. You will just have to wait until April until I get the machine.

If you were to ship it to my house I can take it into work and do it during my lunch break. If you come over on a Sat. I can take it into work and have it done for you in 30 mins.

I will start a new tread letting everyone know when I am ready to do it at my own house. Then I can do it whenever I can.

Just let me know when you want it done and we can work something out.

For everyone interested you can contact me here or on myspace. www.myspace.com/gixxertom

Thanks for the intrest,
Tom

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
GixxerTom said:
About 1 1/2 to 2 hours west of you. I'm in Lancaster county. Depending where you are at I can come out. You will just have to wait until April until I get the machine.

If you were to ship it to my house I can take it into work and do it during my lunch break. If you come over on a Sat. I can take it into work and have it done for you in 30 mins.

I will start a new tread letting everyone know when I am ready to do it at my own house. Then I can do it whenever I can.

Just let me know when you want it done and we can work something out.

For everyone interested you can contact me here or on myspace. www.myspace.com/gixxertom

Thanks for the intrest,
Tom
I'm down to mail you mine! I replied to your PM Tom!!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For now I can do the rework on my lunch break where I work so if anyone wants it done right away I can. It's just in April I will have the machine at my house and will be able to do everything at home. If anyone has any questions just let me know. It only takes me 30 mins so I will ship it back the same day I complete it or the next day depending on when I get the cluster.

In April I will post up a thread in the MODs section letting everyone knw I am ready. Like I siad before you can contact me here or on myspace at www.myspace.com/gixxertom so send me a friend invite and let em know you are interested. I'm in the Lancaster Pa area incase if anyone was wondering. I just want to help people save money on making this mod. With the right tools it's very easy. So PM me with any qustions or orders.

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts