Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I purchased my first bike and I would like to add a few modifications, I want it to look good but by this being my first bike i dont want to drop a *&%@load of money into it and then go down on it (god forbid). However i would like add a few subtle mods and I know their are some necessary mods that I should be adding so if you all dont mind throwing some ideas out there of good products or some of your first modifications, or something you think I would need I would appreciate it. The only thing thats not stock on the bike is the paint and the wheels.I will add more pictures wednesday when i come from the dealer where it is being held for winter storage so you can get a full view of it. All mods cosmetic, security whatever..........2001 Suzuki Gsxr 750

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Lots of little things you can do. That's the best thing about modding them.....you did it.

Everybody's mods are going to be different for what there tastes are.

My first mods from now on will be
1) Suspension F & R
2) Wheels (yes, both of these too
)
3)Tires

Like I said everyone is different. Some people throw frame sliders and spools on a bike for it's first mod

·
Yolo Swaggins
8,942 Posts
I'd say number 1 for a new rider especially is some frame sliders... They work wonders and can save you a ton of money in repairs in the event of a wreck.

After that you already got flushmount signals and a fender eliminator... Maybe a tinted windscreen and an exhaust..

Bike looks good... all black

·
1,691 Posts
Frame sliders, frame slider, frame sliders.

Your first mods on your first bike should be functional. If they also happen to make the bike look better then good.

Some often OVERLOOKED mods:
-Good tires
-Proper suspension setup
-steel braided brake lines

A pretty standard mod is a slip on, quick and easy and fairly cheap in comparison to some stuff.

·
Site Supporter
243 Posts
with the frame sliders, add some bar end sliders and some spool sliders. Brake lines, good HH pads and a good suspension tune-up!!!!

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I've never been a big fan of frame sliders. The only time I ever see them work is in a driveway tip over. Every time I have seen a lowside, or the after affects of a lowside, the frame slider dug in and flipped the bike, causing more damage.

Never understood the "Cut a hole here, so the frame slider can stick through" Aren't you supposed to be trying to save your fairings instead of cuting a big ass hole in them??????

·
Site Supporter
243 Posts
Mine saved my plastics in a lowside so I like them. Without them, I'd lost the whole left side. As it were, just had to replace the slider and the barend

·
7,611 Posts
dont listen to cap. Ive been down on three different bikes and have had them only fail 1 time. But i was going eighty in a wheelie and did some squid shit. I dont think airbags would have even help in that case. As far as brands, i dont think its important. As long as they are Delrin...i believe thats the material. Come on guys help me out with the material. Honestly frame sliders, spools and bar ends, go hand in hand with insurance. i buy a bike, i buy insurance, i buy sliders and such, i make sure i have gear for me. then i ride the bike. not until i atleast have these.
I know not to got with the GSXR brand sliders though. The bolts sheer right off.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
The cut one's you cut the plastic so they are shot anyway. The "No cut" gives you brackets which are weak and fold/break. I have always had bad luck/seen bad things out of them. Only time I have ever seen a frame slider work like it's supposed to is like I said. In a driveway tip over. It's just my opinion........I don;t like them. They aren't for everyone

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
That's not my thing either. The OP can do whatever he wants......he asked for opinions so I gave mine

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm just skimming but someone said nitrous... He's a newbee... He's gonna kill himself! Frame sliders dude! I've even laid a bike down in the garage playing around. I would just go cosmetic on that bike. In a few months riding all the time your gonna get bored with it and wanna go big. Gixxer G!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
BodieBroadus said:
Okay so I purchased my first bike and I would like to add a few modifications, I want it to look good but by this being my first bike i dont want to drop a *&%@load of money into it and then go down on it (god forbid). However i would like add a few subtle mods and I know their are some necessary mods that I should be adding so if you all dont mind throwing some ideas out there of good products or some of your first modifications, or something you think I would need I would appreciate it. The only thing thats not stock on the bike is the paint and the wheels.I will add more pictures wednesday when i come from the dealer where it is being held for winter storage so you can get a full view of it. All mods cosmetic, security whatever..........2001 Suzuki Gsxr 750
Being it's your first bike, why not get better at keeping it upright via taking the MSF course, and getting good gear. These personally are the best initial mods. Learn how to ride better, and have good gear for just in case, hehe. You can always do bolt-ons later, after you become an amazing rider!

barflylv said:
I'm just skimming but someone said nitrous... He's a newbee... He's gonna kill himself!
It's pretty safe to say he was kidding when he said nitrous, lollz.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I suggest a Shogun crash kit from motomummy. I tested them out with a highside and they saved my frame from getting f$$$ed up. Only damage was cosmetic to the plastics and broken rearsets and levers. The bolts bent and were a bitch to get off but they served their purpose very well. The kit doesn't cost anything compared to a new frame. If only I had something that would have saved my collarbone? MIne were on a 1000 and were no cuts though. Other mods i think are all personal preference. First thing I like to upgrade is the exhaust...........can't stand that stock sound!

·
Hit it
2,866 Posts
frame sliders, rear spools & top end riding gear for you

1 - 20 of 115 Posts