Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i stated when i introduced my self i had a little accident the other day where a couple of my fairings cracked and received sum road rash.. well idk today i got a bug up my ass about re-doin the whole bike so i ran out to my local home depot, pep boys, and walmart for a few items

and my work begins to repaint my bike. My friend and I began the process of sanding and filling in any cracks and any imperfections with plastic bondo.. gotta wait till tomorrow before i can re-sand and begin the priming but here's are progress so far

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i started the priming process tonight waiting for these pieces to dry before i can paint the tail and the left side fairing

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tail section and left side fairing

Plastic Cup Politics said:
you doing it by rattle can or what?
Yea dont know anybody with a paint gun but am going to take my time

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2nd coat of primer waiting for it to dry then on to sand again and final start adding sum color

·
993 Posts
Nice job. I had a little get off at Pahrump last summer, and need to fix the scratches in mine as well. I'd like to see how the rattle can looks when done.

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So then 2nd coat went on tonight now gonna give it a couple hours to dry so i can wet sand and throw the 3rd coat on and on to wet sand then to clear... learned alot about patience while during this job but its turning out better than i thought... cant wait to see the finished product but so far looks awesome..

·
6 Posts
Lookin good man! Keep up the good work the sense of accomplishment is priceless...

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brewster said:
those last couple pics, the white doesn't look very shiny? is it done? and are you gonna clear coat it?
the paint is already shiny but its hard to see in these pictures with the light but i am going to clear coat it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts