Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just wanted everyone to know that I just got a call from Jay (Bomb3rJay) little brother. He was hit by a car the other day while on the bike and was killed instantly. I had only ridden with him once, and just this past weekend which makes it very scary. But the loss of any fellow rider is a sad day.

To everone out there... Be safe in the upcoming season, and prayers to all other fallen riders

·
1,691 Posts
This is horrible. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Now is a good time to support the AMA's efforts to make sure drivers such as this are prosecuted as they should be. It's called "Justice for All"

http://www.amadirectlink.com/justice/index.asp

The right-of-way model legislation prepared by the AMA seeks to impose fines on drivers who commit traffic offenses that injure or kill others. But the main thrust is on driver's-license suspensions designed to get dangerous drivers off the road-at least for a period of time.
These laws wouldn't just apply to crashes in which motorcyclists are the victims. If a car driver injures or kills another car driver, the same penalty would apply. In fact, they could apply to a speeding motorcyclist who runs down a pedestrian or bicyclist, too.
The idea is to recognize that driving (and riding) is a serious responsibility. The consequences of mistakes can be high for victims, and they should be high for offenders, too.
There is one more part of the Justice for All legislation that does single out motorcyclists. It's a separate bill that we'd like to get passed to include motorcyclist-awareness instruction in each state's driver-education program. This information, developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation, is vital to getting car drivers to watch for motorcycles on the road.
Recommended motorcycle awareness component in state driver education curriculum
All driver education courses shall include information on motorcycle awareness, as approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) or other recognized motorcycle safety organization, in instructional materials used in traffic safety education courses to ensure new operators of motor vehicles have been instructed in the importance of safely sharing
the road with motorcycles.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
I am sickened, we were supposed to get together with Jay and ride at some point soon, this is horrible.

·
536 Posts
RIP and My condolences to his family, I was also looking forward to meeting up with him when I could ride again. It always sucks to loose a rider but it sucks that much more when it is so close to home. Sad, sad news for sure

·
301 Posts
Damm Damm Damm. This shit is ridiculous. The season hasnt even started yet. We never got to mee, bu as Keith said we were all supposed to start riding soon. My the Lord rest his soul. So Sad.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts