Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not here to troll but I want to warn others about my troubles.
I have now heard from some local riders about similar experiences with Racetech so I'm not the only one.

I first saw Racetech at the International Motorcycle show and I wanted some heavier springs for my new '07 GSXR 1000 forks. They seemed like nice folks.

Racetech makes decent parts, but their customer service both sucks and blows. They make a dealership seems helpful, courteous and polite.
I ordered the Racetech front fork springs and the gold compression valves. Louie, the cust. service agent sent me one compression and one rebound for a Yamaha dirt bike, not my '07 GSXR 1000. I called and told Louie he had made a mistake, he argued with me. My mechanic called and they finally admitted they had made a mistake. The refused to send me the "correct" parts until they received the "wrong" parts, but as my bike was on the lift at the mechanic, I gave them my credit card and told them to bill me for the second set of valves and ship them asap.
The "correct" parts arrived and were installed. I shipped the "wrong" parts back, tracked and confirmed the shipping. Racetech has denied receiving them, even after Fedex showed proof of delivery and a signature. I had to get my credit card company involved.
Racetech has now credited me back only 80%, because 20% is for restocking fee, even though they screwed up and shipped me the wrong parts.
What a bunch of ass-hats!
This has been going on now for over 3 months...I've already went through a set of tires in that time!

I don't recommend them. Their suspension parts are ok, but not worth the bullshit and pain I have went through.

Go somewhere else and avoid Racetech!!
If you need suspension parts, try another company and post about your experience!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
I've used their springs in several of my bikes (one was a race bike) good experiences for me.. I saw them at the NY MC show recently, they were too busy to answer questions though, kinda annoying.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
That sucks! Every company has their mistakes, but that's rediculous to make you pay a re-stock when they messed up! Never had any RaceTech stuff but I hear lots of good things about them

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
Every company can make mistakes, it's how it's handled to correct these mistakes that makes the difference. I would try writing a letter to someone at the top of race tech, I'm sure there is a mis-understanding somewhere because if those were the facts and top management is aware of them, then I'm sure they will make good on it and refund you the full amount. I'm not saying you haven't stated the truth here, but there are always two sided to every story.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad experience with them...

i know of more than a few people who have used them and they had nothing but rave reviews about them, so maybe you got a new employee, or maybe a disgruntled employee.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Yeah, this really sounds like a customer service issue, and not directly product/performance related. Hopefully they do the right thing for ya..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, i've spoken to literally 5 people there from bottom to top. Racetech is a tiny company of just a few people. I've sent a letter on my coporate letterhead detailing the problem. I called to follow up. Basically, i'm being blown off and was told they won't address the matter.
So to those of you who have had a good experience with them, i'm jealous because i'm being dicked over.
Maybe if I had taken the bike to them, they would have used the right parts.
Should of used Ohlins!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
drevil777 said:
Well, i've spoken to literally 5 people there from bottom to top. Racetech is a tiny company of just a few people. I've sent a letter on my coporate letterhead detailing the problem. I called to follow up. Basically, i'm being blown off and was told they won't address the matter.
So to those of you who have had a good experience with them, i'm jealous because i'm being dicked over.
Should of used Ohlins!
That is lame, and I'd be irritated too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
drevil777 said:
Should of used Ohlins!
Your experience sucks and does indeed sound unique but that doesn't excuse it. As Lover indicated there are two sides to every story and while you may be telling the truth, the employee that made the mistake has the ear of management because he is likely a trusted employee in a small company - and likely one they don't want to lose because they have to retrain somebody to fill his position. What I'm getting at is that if he fessed up to management that there was a problem but then embellished the story to make you look like a bad and irate customer that likely won't return anyway, they probably see no reason to refund any more than they already have and take the side of thier employee whom they want to keep. And then there is your mechanic... Perhaps he may have made the mistake and doesn't want to fess up and lose future business? After all, he would likely have a lot more to lose than RT would if it was his mistake.

Based on your story I would be careful with ordering from them again, but based on my previous experience with them, I would have to say I would order from them again. I have both RT and Ohlins on my bikes and couldn't be happier with both - but I paid much less for the RT guts in my ZX9R shock than I did for my GSXR shock. But, since I ride a first gen 750, I didn't have much choice than to replace the whole shock because it wasn't rebuildable - had it been, I would have used the RT stuff in there too.

I certainly hope that this was a one time type thing and that it won't be repeated, because I'd hate to see a company like RT have to shut it's doors due to poor customer service running off all of it's customers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe you but it's kind of amazing they would do that to you. I come from a long dirt racing background & a huge amount of racers swear by them & have nothing but good reports about them. That is truly a fucked up way to treat ANYBODY!

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
Long_av8r said:
Your experience sucks and does indeed sound unique but that doesn't excuse it. As Lover indicated there are two sides to every story and while you may be telling the truth, the employee that made the mistake has the ear of management because he is likely a trusted employee in a small company - and likely one they don't want to lose because they have to retrain somebody to fill his position. What I'm getting at is that if he fessed up to management that there was a problem but then embellished the story to make you look like a bad and irate customer that likely won't return anyway, they probably see no reason to refund any more than they already have and take the side of thier employee whom they want to keep. And then there is your mechanic... Perhaps he may have made the mistake and doesn't want to fess up and lose future business? After all, he would likely have a lot more to lose than RT would if it was his mistake.

Based on your story I would be careful with ordering from them again, but based on my previous experience with them, I would have to say I would order from them again. I have both RT and Ohlins on my bikes and couldn't be happier with both - but I paid much less for the RT guts in my ZX9R shock than I did for my GSXR shock. But, since I ride a first gen 750, I didn't have much choice than to replace the whole shock because it wasn't rebuildable - had it been, I would have used the RT stuff in there too.

I certainly hope that this was a one time type thing and that it won't be repeated, because I'd hate to see a company like RT have to shut it's doors due to poor customer service running off all of it's customers.
Very well said!

·
151 Posts
yea i agrea with long, i have had 4 bikes running thier stuff and never had any problems like that. then again nobody can be perfect 100% of the time. all i can says that sucks but ive had good work from them and i plan on using them again.

·
28 Posts
Godzuki said:
yea i agrea with long, i have had 4 bikes running thier stuff and never had any problems like that. then again nobody can be perfect 100% of the time. all i can says that sucks but ive had good work from them and i plan on using them again.
hes everywhere... hey

·
Site Sponsor
1,445 Posts
DREVIL777

I was on the phone with Lenny at RaceTech today about my forks and mentioned your situation. He was not aware of it but was concerned about it. He would appreciate it if you would e-mail him (I have PM'ed you his e-mail) and discuss the situation with him so he can remedy it. Lenny is their AMA tuner and he and his crew are working VERY hard to keep the roadracing community happy. Bear in mind he's up to his ass right now with Daytona coming up but he is a very good man and will work things out for you. Just be a little patient if he doesnt get back with you the same day.

Thanks and I hope this works out for you!

·
28 Posts
Godzuki said:
why yes yes i am. hows it going right back at cha.
just counting down the days till i can ride! i was going to this friday but my rear sets are being powder coated so it looks like i'm chillin out for another week or so. Wanna hit up gingerman or grattan this summer? I'm sure i can use some pointers.

·
151 Posts
yep im down aswell , i dropped my bike off at fast bikes last wed for some tweeking:biggrin.

i want to hit both gingerman and grattan this year. they repaved the back section of grattan did you know that. man its gonna be nice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts