Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

Ran my K7 back to back with a stock K8 today

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Parkhill Rider 
#1 ·
Full story coming up in Super Street Bike next month, but lets just say my bike kicked the K8's ass. the difference in power is ridiculous the K8 feels like a 750 compared to my modded K7. The brakes are not even in the same league, the stock K8's feel like something is wrong compared to the Brembos on my K7!! Keep your eyes peeled for the Cover story 2 month's from now. In fact the story started this month and continues for the next 3 months.

#5 ·
NOS-Nelson said:
You made it sound like you were comparing the bikes and not the mods. I know a stock K6 would feel like a 600 to me.
The Story is about making a bike that's already one of the best, better without going broke or spending money on parts that wont really benefit a street rider. Just what you need and pointing out what the difference is from the parts that were changed. Check out the mag for all the details.

#10 ·
Sully,

I purchased the magazine...I thought that was your bike...The article was great...can't wait to read next months issue!

So overall, what is THE BEST mod you've done so far? What have you noticed the most amount of results from? Have you had any problems from the Bazzaz FiTC unit?

#11 ·
Parkhill Rider said:
Sully,

I purchased the magazine...I thought that was your bike...The article was great...can't wait to read next months issue!

So overall, what is THE BEST mod you've done so far? What have you noticed the most amount of results from? Have you had any problems from the Bazzaz FiTC unit?
The most felt mod would have to be the brakes, the bike was already fast so the Z-Fi works great but not as noticeable a difference as the brakes!!! The brakes are so fooking powerful you have to really be careful or you'll end up with the bike on top of you, use more then 1 finger to stop and the back tire comes right off the ground!!!

No problems with the Z-Fi at all, works as advertised, Traction control saves my ass any time my ham fisted riding writes a check the back tire cant cash!!! The quick shifter is the best mod i've added to this bike though, its so easy to ride now, i dont think i can go back to not having one!! The blue flame shooting out of the pipes every time you shift will put a big grin on your face!!

Next month is all about the wheels, rotors, calipers, master cylinders, rearsets and brake lines.

#12 ·
chip at kws did a good review of the bazzaz and like i've been saying, it's not for most and requires some technical knowledge or you'll damage your bike. Also the map doesn't change in real time when logging like the motty does...It's a cool unit, but not what everyone is thinking. You can't just hook it up and go and in the wrong hands you'll damage your engine. Need to make sure you know how to tune. Also the traction control doesn't have sensors and isn't a real/true traction control.

"You have to turn the system on and then run the bike on a dyno or race track at all the various throttle positions and rpm ranges. Once you have hit all your points, you have to hook the bike back up to a lap top, save the data, and then apply the map. You will need to check the map for outliers before you apply it. We have seen cells that contain fairly random readings like + or - 50 (max value) that need to be corrected manually before being applied or the bike will not run correctly. It would be very difficult and or illegal to try to build a complete map on the street and if you do not map for 100% throttle at 13,000 rpm then it is not mapped. When or if you do get 100% throttle at 13K then the bike will not run correctly. "

Very good info...

#13 ·
motomummy said:
last year even a heavily modded 07 r1 got the spanking from our shop bike...with hp/roll on's it's a money game/mod game for the most part. Another guy up here on a 600cc will beat me any day of the week in the twisties.
yeah, thats a rider thing, so the HP's don't make up alot...except on straights...

ask the guys last year, rode with a Gixxer750, R1 and CBR1000RR and I was on my KLR650 with pipe, carb kit, full progressive suspension and street tires, they couldn't keep up with me in the twisties, I was supermoto'ing every turn, sliding in and hammering out, was funny....made me want to build a true supermoto, that klr is just too slow...

#15 ·
motomummy said:
chip at kws did a good review of the bazzaz and like i've been saying, it's not for most and requires some technical knowledge or you'll damage your bike. Also the map doesn't change in real time when logging like the motty does...It's a cool unit, but not what everyone is thinking. You can't just hook it up and go and in the wrong hands you'll damage your engine. Need to make sure you know how to tune. Also the traction control doesn't have sensors and isn't a real/true traction control.
Very good info...
If i bought a PC and then started messing with the map, without any FI tuning knowledge would it be possible to cause damage to the engine?

#16 ·
sure it would, but their are also lots more dyno tuners who know that softare so people can custom tune it much easier. Would you not agree? There are a lot more maps out there for dynojet also wouldn't you agree? You're marketing this like it's easy to use when it's not for most people. KWS had an awesome review where he said that you need tuning knowledge to tune your bike and it's not a good idea to tune this on the street. It was the best review i've seen to date of this software and very honest. Also kws mentioned that it's still VERY possible to high side with the traciton control where you made it out like it will save your ass when you twist the wrist too far. The review you give and they give are very different sully.

I'm not saying it's not a good product, but i'm with chip that you need lots of tuning knowledge and a good place to test it before you go messing with this product. It's surely not as easy as dynojet's, but it does offer more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.