Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remember or know what the recalls were on the k7's? I've lost my paperwork and need to get these done before my warranty expires.

·
1,055 Posts
recalls have nothing to do with warranty its a legal issue that would be huge if you result in a crash caused by a faulty part on the bike. so suzuki orders a recall and contacts the known owners to save theyre own asses.

my wifes volkswagen has had 2 recalls since we owned it NO WARRANTY and they fixed it FREE of charge of course

·
Registered
309 Posts
Shouldnt matter if your warranty is up or not. A recall isn't a warranty issue. But like everyone else has said it was something to do with the stator and I think the other one had something to do with the ecu

Edit: I didnt read the dates or other posts but now i realized this thread is like 2 months old lol.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Yeah as these guys have said, A Recall is good for the life of the car, regardless how old it is, who owns it, etc... If it hasn't been done, they will do it regardless of if you have a warranty or not.

·
737 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Yeah as these guys have said, A Recall is good for the life of the car, regardless how old it is, who owns it, etc... If it hasn't been done, they will do it regardless of if you have a warranty or not.
yea no matte who buy a car or bike and how old the recall still gets fixe for free

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
2006Gixxer_Grand said:
yea no matte who buy a car or bike and how old the recall still gets fixe for free
Weren't you bitching at Caleb before about spelling? "rofl

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just stopped by the dealer yesterday and scheduled an appoinment and ordered the parts. New throttle position sensor, and generator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts