Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started my motor project today already made lots of progress in getting it done. cant believe how much improvements can be made in these motors.

P3220161.JPG

I know with a little more refinement I can not only shave a few more ounces out of the motor but with whats done you cant beat how much gas the new setup saves

Attachments

·
139 Posts
Care to elaborate on what you're doing to it? Or show more progress pics?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Li0nel1234 said:
Care to elaborate on what you're doing to it? Or show more progress pics?
3mm big bore, Carillo H-beam rods, billet clutch basket, yoyodyne slipper clutch, and a few other things

·
139 Posts
All that for better gas mileage? Don't you get like 48 as it is? I get about that...

·
38 Posts
Li0nel1234 said:
All that for better gas mileage? Don't you get like 48 as it is? I get about that...
48mpg

once I get to around 100 miles im looking for a gas station with what I had for motor work before this wave of work.

and technically I will gain a little mpg with the big bore since the motor wont be working as hard to move the bike/rider.

wont be much but it will improve

this is mpd btw on my buddies account

·
1,588 Posts
What color bearings you going with?

Might as well get rid of those shift forks.. doesnt look like you need them in its current state anyway.

I would also suggest really inspecting and cleaning (if needed) the oil ports on your tranny shafts. I had one clog on me a basically welded a gear to the shaft.. I split the case and fixed it myself as well. Nothing better then doing your own work and the pride you get once she's back up and running strong.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
meenbeemer said:
tearing the engine apart is a little past my courage level

are you still doing the ceramic bearings??
I love working on my bike, but would like some experienced friends there if I ever had to tear mine apart. Looks good!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
meenbeemer said:
how much do those run and
how much are you spending on the motor since your basicly are doing it yourself???
ceramic tranny bearings are $355 for the set.

im doing it right with all high end parts so basically im saving around $2,000 doing myself

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
meenbeemer said:
tranny bearings ? nevermind i knew that are you doing t wheel bearings too?
yes im doing ceramic wheel bearings too.

and yes they also make ceramic bearings for inside the motor

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got the KWS 3mm big bore pistons, Carillo H-beam rods, Yoyodyne slipper clutch assembly, Powercommander USB, and the gaskets today

brought the pistons and rods down to my machine shop so he can measure everything and send the block to Millenium for the boring and replating.

once he gets the block back he'll let me know what connectng rod and main bearings to buy. while im waiting for those he'll be doing all the oiling mods inside the block before giving me them back so I can reassemble the motor

1 - 20 of 58 Posts