Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone needs to be careful that is getting back on their bikes for the first time in a few months. Some get to ride year round, most don't. And in those months that you don't ride, you build up the anxiety and forget small things at the same time
I like to go buzz around a huge parking lot just getting familiar with the bike again before I get out on the roads for any spirited rides. Not to mention all of the "other" people who aren't used to seeing motorcycles on the road.

Some of you that park your bike over the winter hook it up to the charger and let it sit. Me, I tinker with mine all the time
Just keep a reminder to go over EVERYTHING before you start riding it again. A big step people forget to check is tire pressure.

I hate feeling like I am "preaching" about this type of stuff but I absolutly hate seeing the "I crashed threads"

Lets have a good riding year this year and enjoy!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
hahaha, I have a feeling we still will get a lil snow here, hopefully not!
Tire pressure as the Capt. suggested, is critical. Check it weekly, minimally, it's amazing how much it can drop, and the impact it has on your steering.
If you have a newer bike, and have never taken it in for the 600 mile service, I suggest going around and checking nuts/bolts and giving them a little turn, or even better, locktite them. Our high revving machines loosen nuts/bolts; you don't want something coming loose at speed, and some will come loose.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
it's colder then hell here and snowing.

Make sure you guys inspect your bikes prior to riding and check everything before you hop on it and take off...always worth it to check things after a winter of storage.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RLover said:
I'm going out today for the first ride of the year! I'll be extra careful!
Sweet! Which bike you riding???

motomummy said:
it's colder then hell here and snowing.

Make sure you guys inspect your bikes prior to riding and check everything before you hop on it and take off...always worth it to check things after a winter of storage.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
i could put studs in the shop bike and take it out on the lake i guess...i think i would commit suicide if I layed it down though.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
motomummy said:
i could put studs in the shop bike and take it out on the lake i guess...i think i would commit suicide if I layed it down though.
Sounds fun.. just make sure to get as far away from the bike if you go down

·
315 Posts
I'm getting the bike ready tomorrow and will be going out with a few riders on Sunday morning to a motorcycle rally they have at a local VFW.
We are getting some snow right now but it should melt tomorrow and it is supposed to be 44 on Sunday.

I need to get out, the last time i rode was the first week in January when it was mild for a week.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts