Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a site where you can compare rim sizes from bike-to-bike and year-to-year?

I have a 2003 Katana 750. I bought a 2001 for parts but it turned out to be in better shape than my '03 so I switched to driving the '01 and using the '03 for parts.
I discovered the rims are not compatible when I bought winter tires, installed them on my '03 rims, and couldn't get them on the '01. Turns out the hub width changed in '03.
I'm not able to find used '01 rims on FB or Kijiji (auto wreckers want an arm and a leg), so I'm scrolling through all the ads for rims to fit other suzuki's, as well as other Japanese bikes and wondering if they would fit.
For instance, about an hour drive from me there's a compete set of rims off of a Suzuki SV650 for only $250. Visually, they look just like my rims, but it's a long way to drive to find out otherwise.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look up the parts on Partzilla for each bike , compare sizes , part numbers .....
Thanks for the Partzilla idea. After a bunch of research, and head-scratching, I discovered that my '01 and '03 Katana's should be an exact match, but they aren't.My '03 has a much beefier front end. I compared it to Partzilla's diagram for the 2003 GSXR750 and found that it's an exact match. Turns out my '03 front end has been swapped out for a GSXR front end. I wish I knew that before I switch over to my '01 as my daily driver.
The good news is that I planned to put the '03 back together, give it some paint, and sell it in the spring. Now, I think the value is a little higher and it should sell easier.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great reply , Love helping people .. Now , pass it on , We learn everyday and help others learn ... Bring your riding buddies , It's Not just about Suzuki , All bikes and owners welcome ....
No riding buddies here. I'm a loner family man. Wife, 3 kids, and immediate family.
Had a falling-out with my tight group of childhood friends. I wanted to setttle down with the responsibility of family. They wanted drugs, alcohol and orgies. We went our separate ways. Those were 30 years of tight friendships, and since then I've never felt a close bond with anyone but my kids.
That's why I'm here. It's hard to figure all this out on my own, even with Google and YouTube, so I'm borrowing experience and riding tips from you. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts