Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
It was nice of him to warn us, I would have been using a University computer though, hahaha.
Think he got it from not having current AntiVirus software? I've had Mcaffee (sp) for several years, and only one issue, and that it caught and erased.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Kelevra said:
It was nice of him to warn us, I would have been using a University computer though, hahaha.
Think he got it from not having current AntiVirus software? I've had Mcaffee (sp) for several years, and only one issue, and that it caught and erased.

I use AVG anti virus and anti spyware, it seems to work pretty good and it is all free. But who knows if it does as good as everyone says, it seems to catch everything but I suppose I'll find out one day if it does.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:

I use AVG anti virus and anti spyware, it seems to work pretty good and it is all free. But who knows if it does as good as everyone says, it seems to catch everything but I suppose I'll find out one day if it does.
Yeah, when the Mc is up, I'm prolly ditching it for the AVG, as everyone says it uses less CPU. Anthony D reco's some other preventatives to use in conjunction with Mc a while back, I run those every week, i.e. LavaSoft, CC cleaner etc.

·
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm back up. Yeah, I'm not sure for sure that is where the Trojan came from, but it had my computer down all day. I just got back on right now. It kept shutting down my Explorer.exe so nothing would stay open. AVG didn't catch it. I finally got a spy ware program to open with the help of my niece's boyfriend. Once that was done I just used Advanced Windows care to restore the settings and path problems and it's seems to be fine now.

Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure it was the link I posted. I noticed something strange happening earlier when I clicked don a link posted on a different forum. (one not associated with Rhett)

I thought it was better safe than sorry to have the link here removed..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts