Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW.
So I just got hit on my motorcycle. Guy cut me off...

I was in the left turn lane going into the parking lot of wamu on the corner of 7th and fig in downtown LA after work, some guy in the middle lane decides last minute he wants to do the same and runs right into me. Bikes fucked, my legs fucked. Fuck.

Pretty sure it'll be written off...

totaled.

Waiting on the adjuster to give me the, "yes, our insured is at fault, here is a check,"

My leg is ok, I just don't want it to swell up out of nowhere.

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually took this pic right before I left my building in the morning. :hs:

and bike:

and a pic I took last night...on 7th street...same place I was hit...coincidence?

Plastic Cup Politics said:
sorry to hear that, I know the feeling of that too damn well... at least you are ok, are you going to the doc to get your leg looked at or what?
I'm gonna give it a day, man.

If I wake up with a basketball for a knee, you'll know where to find me.

I took a pic of the bike not 10 minutes prior to this accident.

Earlier in the morning, aka night to you regular people, I took a pic of the location I was going to be hit at.

That last pic is the exact street and where the oncoming car is, is the exact location of the impact.

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plastic Cup Politics said:
bike doesn't look that bad, I doubt they will total it.
pics aren't too good.

Thing is the fork is damaged and there's damage to the gas tank and according to the dealer, insurance companies consider that pretty bad, plus considering cost of repair will be high enough, it has a high chance of being totaled.

We'll see.

Might have to get the 749 back now and use the money for a new car.

We shall see.

AceHigh said:
Glad to hear your mostly OK, but go get yourself checked out and tack it on there bill.
Kind of concerned but, we'll see. Wonder if I can get some chiro/massages out of it. :x:

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr. Pain said:
Thats bs man, but at least your ok

Plus they wont total it unless it is over 80% of what the bike is worth
By the sound of it, it will be.

I had just ordered an exhaust and some new rotors too. hahahahaha

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Damn that sucks.
Glad you are ok though. Go get that leg looked at, with soft tissue damage you could be fine for quite a while before an issue arises, and by then it could be to late to go back on the guy or his insurance.

·
Site Supporter
243 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. One good thing is that it didnt damage the frame from the looks of it. Can you say "Track Bike"???? Good luck with the insurance and the knee!!!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Gio,
You're prolly feeling pretty disgusted right now, can't blame you. Tell us how you're feeling tomorrow, after you go to the Doctor.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
That sucks man! Kinda freaky you took pictures earlier of where you got hit.

I would insist on them checking the frame. With fork damage and the front wheel being bent it's a good idea

·
17 Posts
Glad your OK but dont think the bike is a total. I got and 03 gsxr 1k and wrecked it at the track, I got all new plastic tank exhaust and a bunch of other parts the didnt total mine and it was close to $5000 worth of damage.

When you take it to the shop make sure you tell them that you want aftermarket pipe they are cheaper and sound a lot better.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of things wrong that we cannot see from the pix, only Gio and his insurance guy know for sure..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts