Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get the SET stuff done piece of cake. No real issues other than pulling the tail on the GSXR is alot more involved than on the old Honda.

So I get into doing the PAIR deal and I've pulled the top off the airbox and I stick my hands in the ram air intakes to pop the lower box off and I feel something. I look in the right hand side and there a hose stuck in there through the foam seal. So I pull the box and find the previous owner had tried to do some sort of a PAIR mod. He had pulled the hose that goes from the pair pump and stuck it in the ram air. Then he pulled the crankcase vent hose and blocked off the airbox but just left the hose hanging out. Some people shouldnt be allowed to work on motorcycles.

So I yanked the entire PAIR system and wired a 22 OHM resistor into the old wiring. Plugged the PAIR inlet on the airbox and hooked the crankcase breather line back up to the airbox.

·
Site Sponsor
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The set valve removal I did for weight. (race bike)

The PAIR is pretty much a must for a proper A/F ratio when doing a dyno tune.

Anthony, if the ports to the reeds are blocked off you are essentially eliminating the reed valves use correct? What would be the downside to them being dirty or clogging? Not being sarcastic...asking an honest question.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
7,164 Posts
TrackStar1 said:
The set valve removal I did for weight. (race bike)

The PAIR is pretty much a must for a proper A/F ratio when doing a dyno tune.

Anthony, if the ports to the reeds are blocked off you are essentially eliminating the reed valves use correct? What would be the downside to them being dirty or clogging? Not being sarcastic...asking an honest question.
I'm getting mine Teka tuned sooner then later, the pair hose can just be pinched off for this, right?

·
Site Sponsor
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.