Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=31357

?We pretty much know we?re gonna be doing Indy and Laguna,? Spies told Roadracingworld.com February 6, referring to the MotoGP rounds at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in September and at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in July. ?It looks like we get to test it [GSV-R800] once for sure before then and hopefully twice. It should all be good, but definitely both American rounds, from what I understand. But it?s obviously not in the contract, so it?s not 100%. But that?s what they say, and I?ll be ready to do it.?
 

·
Members
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
hell yah...rock it spies! I have wanted to see him give it a go w/ the gp guys for a while. Hopefully he will be able to hang in the front. Be damn interesting.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,306 Posts
motomummy said:
hell yah...rock it spies! I have wanted to see him give it a go w/ the gp guys for a while. Hopefully he will be able to hang in the front. Be damn interesting.
i think the first race he won't be in the front...after a few races he'll get used to actually having competition from more than one person then he'll dominate :biggrin
 

·
Members
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
I think he'll be in the back of the lead pack fighting it out to be honest. I would love to see him make the change and go to motogp, but it would surely be different for him.
 

·
And, Here, We, Go...
Joined
·
8,017 Posts
motomummy said:
I think he'll be in the back of the lead pack fighting it out to be honest. I would love to see him make the change and go to motogp, but it would surely be different for him.
It seems like even with going to GP, a racer needs 2 shake down seasons to get used to the bike and learn the tracks...
I like that Spies is forcing Mladin to work harder, it'll be interesting to see what Matt has in him this year. I spoke with him at Loudon (years ago) he's pretty likeable dude.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
301 Posts
Go Ben Go Beb Go Go Go Ben!!! Please for the love of God please jump to GP. I cant stand the Aus and amybe LC will be ok. CMON SPIES!!!
 

·
Members
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
well if spies races the us tracks he s hould know the tracks semi-well, except the new one at indy. If he went gp fulltime it would take a while to learn the tracks, but these tracks in the states he might be able to compete on.
 

·
And, Here, We, Go...
Joined
·
8,017 Posts
motomummy said:
well if spies races the us tracks he s hould know the tracks semi-well, except the new one at indy. If he went gp fulltime it would take a while to learn the tracks, but these tracks in the states he might be able to compete on.
He'll def. have an edge on the U.S. tracks, can't wait to see it..:tongue
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top