Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was working on finishing up the install of my new suspension.. Well, my new rear shock (Penske Triple) has a remote resevoir which has to be mounted as well. The general way of doing this is to cut slits in the battery box and undertail and mount the resovoir to that with worm clamps. See pic for example.

Well as I go to remove one of the bolts that holds the seat on, the damn thing stripped completely.. Now before anyone says try this, try that, I have been working on shit for years and am well aware of all the little tricks however, this was completely rounded and I could not get a dremel or anything on the head to make my own slot for a screwdriver. So I call up my pops as he works at Home depot just to ask him if he has gotten any feedback on which extractors tend to work better or worse then others. He said that they have one set called ProGrabit which comes in a set of 3 for 19.99 that they cant keep on the shelves because they work so well. So off to homedepot I head to grab a set. I bought them and thought that the reverse threads on them didn't seem very sharp so Im not sure how well they will work on a SS head bolt..

Well.. Tell ya what... that little fucker pulled that screw straight the hell out.. I was seriously impressed and would recommend them to anyone. They are not listed on Home Depot's page but they do carry them in the stores. If you ever have the same problem, I suggest getting a set of these. You wont be sorry..

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Hopefully it works!!!!! I stripped a front fender bolt out once and had to buy a similar set for $52.00!!!!!!!!!!! It worked though

·
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Captain Squid said:
Hopefully it works!!!!! I stripped a front fender bolt out once and had to buy a similar set for $52.00!!!!!!!!!!! It worked though
Re-read my post.. It worked like a champ.. better then anything I have ever used...

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Oops.....I got tied up at work and meant to say "Glad it worked out good"

·
315 Posts
If you used quality tools in the first place then the bolt shouldn't have stripped out.

Good job extracting the bolt. I remove stripped and rounded off bolts on a daily basis and they can be a bear.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
TwoTyres said:
If you used quality tools in the first place then the bolt shouldn't have stripped out.

Good job extracting the bolt. I remove stripped and rounded off bolts on a daily basis and they can be a bear.
You must have the magic touch as many of these screws seem very soft to me, and my tools are fine. :frown

·
Members
5,173 Posts
only problem with titanium bolts (what i use all over the bike) is if one strips or you have a problem then they are HELL to ezout.

·
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
motomummy said:
only problem with titanium bolts (what i use all over the bike) is if one strips or you have a problem then they are HELL to ezout.
Pick yourself up a set of these pro-grabit's... They are incredible... im sure you can swing $19 to give them a shot.. :biggrin
I have used ezouts before and these make those look like shit...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts