Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story but I will try to stay to the essentials. I have a Suzuki N717–129472 engine only no bike . I believe it is 1998 599cc from a GSX-F600. It fits into a very modified Hammerhead dune buggy type of vehicle. I have absolutely NO history with this thing, but enjoy a challenge. It turns over fine, has compression, looks pretty clean with no scratches or serious flaws. Carbs look clean and opens and close smoothly. I have both coils and the cdi, but both in box along with a gas tank, headers and exhaust. There are two sets of 3 wires each coming from the engine with no connectors of any kind. One set comes out of the pick up plate,yellow,blue and green . The other set comes out on the alternator side ,red,blue and green. Then I also have the alternator with 2 wire tabs and I assume a positive power stud. I found a wire ring diagram on line but I have idea what the six wires are or what’s what on the alternator. I’ll stop here and see if anybody is interesting in helping. Thanks. I have 0$ invested at this time. Basically a barn find from my sons friend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m looking for some help on wiring to see if I can get a spark at this point. What wires go where? dont care about ignition switch, kill switch just a spark on even one plug would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts