Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An acquaintance gave me a spare K5 swingarm (for free!), and just for the hell of it, I was wondering if and how I could get those open spaces between the braces and the arm filled with pieces of sheet aluminum for that "works" look, and then giving the whole thing a raw brushed aluminum finish. If anyone has had this done, can you post up any details and/or pics?

·
Certified Trackwhore
8,774 Posts
d207gp said:
An acquaintance gave me a spare K5 swingarm (for free!), and just for the hell of it, I was wondering if and how I could get those open spaces between the braces and the arm filled with pieces of sheet aluminum for that "works" look, and then giving the whole thing a raw brushed aluminum finish. If anyone has had this done, can you post up any details and/or pics?
I can't weld but I know I could make the filler pieces and then have it welded properly. Use some aircraft stripper to remove the paint first. Hell I bet I could make it look like a perfectly solid swingarm.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Its pretty easy, just have to be able to Tig, or know some one that can. I have done a couple of em. Theres pics on here somewhere of my R1 I did. Though, I painted it back factory black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts