Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
February 29, 2008

Team Suzuki Press Office - February 29, 2008.

Team Alstare Suzuki rider Max Neukirchner started today's first day of qualifying superbly by posting the fourth quickest time of the day.

His lap of 1:32.808 was just over four tenths of a second behind provisional pole-setter Troy Corser (Yamaha). Series leader Troy Bayliss (Ducati) was second quickest today, with his team mate Michel Fabrizio third fastest.

Team Suzuki Alstare rider Fonsi Nieto had a steady day, finishing ninth fastest overall, but will be looking for an improvement tomorrow.

Max Neukirchner - 4th, 1:32.808:

"Today was not so bad and I had no big problems at all. We changed the characteristics of the engine-braking for the afternoon session and also the rear shock. We did that to get better grip. When the bike is on fresh tyres, I seem to be able to ride smoothly, without a problem. But when I try and push very hard I get many rear slides. Phillip Island is a great track, but it's a track where you have to be perfect everywhere if you want to set a really good lap time."

Fonsi Nieto - 9th, 1:33.269:

"I am happy because we've made a good start today, even though the set-up was not right. Conditions today were very different to when we tested here in January, so we more or less had to start from scratch again. I spent most of the day working at trying to understand the tyres and how they perform. In the afternoon, the bike's set-up was better then the morning and this is a track where a good bike set-up is vital if you want to make a good lap."

Friday qualifying: 1 Corser (Aus-Yamaha) 1:32.336, 2 Bayliss (Aus-Ducati) 1:32.374, 3 Fabrizio (I-Ducati) 1:32.570, 4 Max Neukirchner (D-Alstare Suzuki) 1:32.808, 5 Smrz (CZ-Ducati) 1:32.827, 6 Biaggi (I-Ducati) 1:32.827, 7 Xaus (E-Ducati) 1:323.827, 8 Laconi (F-Kawasaki) 1:33.188, 9 Fonsi Nieto (E-Suzuki Alstare) 1:33.269.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts