Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, I had the bright idea of completely revamping my completely stock 2007 GSXR600. I have a trackday at Fontana on March 28, so I figured it would be a good time to really test out all the mods. Well, all of the mods took A LOT longer to get together than I originally planned, and here I am 2 days away from the trackday and I just completed the bike. Did all the work myself.

+2/-1 Driven sprockets, 520 chain
Full Yosh R55 with stainless headers
PCIII and tune
BMC airfilter
R1 throttle mod
Speedohealer
Vortex rearsets
Woodcraft sliders
ASV C5 levers
Driven clip-ons and grips
Spiegler SS brake lines
Stompgrip
New meat, Michelin 2CTs

I think that's it. Anyway, rode the bike for about 5 minutes tonight. HOLY CRAP! To say night and day difference would be an understatement. This thing is a fire breathing maniac now. It feels like a completely different bike. Everything from the ergonomics, powerband, sound... I feel like I am re-learning how to ride, haha. I prob. shouldn't have done all the mods at once, but it was way easier to do it all at once from an installation standpoint.

I'm hoping I can get enough miles in tomorrow and Thursday to feel comfy on the bike again. I also wanna save the new tires as much as possible! Anyone else ever had to adapt to a 'new' bike so quickly?

Anyway, I'll post some pics later.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
ZookPilot26 said:
About a month ago, I had the bright idea of completely revamping my completely stock 2007 GSXR600. I have a trackday at Fontana on March 28, so I figured it would be a good time to really test out all the mods. Well, all of the mods took A LOT longer to get together than I originally planned, and here I am 2 days away from the trackday and I just completed the bike. Did all the work myself.

PCIII and tune
BMC airfilter
R1 throttle mod
Speedohealer
Vortex rearsets
Woodcraft sliders
ASV C5 levers
Spiegler SS brake lines
New meat, Michelin 2CTs

I think that's it. Anyway, rode the bike for about 5 minutes tonight. HOLY CRAP! To say night and day difference would be an understatement. This thing is a fire breathing maniac now. It feels like a completely different bike. Everything from the ergonomics, powerband, sound... I feel like I am re-learning how to ride, haha. I prob. shouldn't have done all the mods at once, but it was way easier to do it all at once from an installation standpoint.

I'm hoping I can get enough miles in tomorrow and Thursday to feel comfy on the bike again. I also wanna save the new tires as much as possible! Anyone else ever had to adapt to a 'new' bike so quickly?

Holy crap.
That should be fun on the track.

Well I had to adapt to something like that once... maybe a bit different though.

Went from an 03 R6 to an 06 Gix 1K, now that was a change.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Sounds like a nice list to get done with just in time! Looking forward to the pics

·
2,452 Posts
yeah where are the damn pictures 2 6

·
Members
5,173 Posts
awesome mod list. Yes backorders are fairly common in this industry. Sad thing is that many of the best parts come from very small shops with only a few employees. You have one hell of a mod list though...can't wait to see the pics!

·
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mummy, I know all about the way backorders go, I'm in the MC industry as well (dirt). Sucks, but it is what it is!

Kelevra- killer combo, for sure. Still cannot believe the difference is sheer torque off of the line alone.

Got to spend some more time on the bike today, and I'm in love. The front end gets light quickly. Sounds amazing, too. Tough getting used to the ergos. I put the rearsets all the way back and up, and that in turn has made shifting/braking a little weird. The actual shift/brake mechanisms themselves feel distinctly different than stock as well. Still adjusting to find something comfy. I can feel the weight difference as well from dropping the stock exhaust system... very nice!

I'll post up some pics from the trackday, as I'm not gonna have time to snap photos between now and then.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
The only other main mod that would really help out on the track would be a quickshifter to go with the powercommander. It really does make a huge difference on the straights and corners, but the downside is that they are not cheap. Either way...incredible ride w/ some of the best parts out there!

·
905 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Holy crap.
That should be fun on the track.

Well I had to adapt to something like that once... maybe a bit different though.

Went from an 03 R6 to an 06 Gix 1K, now that was a change.
ha ha i know how you feel, i went from a CBR600F4i to a K3 1000. I quickly discovered i wasn't as good a rider as i thought i was.

·
635 Posts
ZookPilot26 said:

PCIII and tune
BMC airfilter
R1 throttle mod
Speedohealer
Vortex rearsets
Woodcraft sliders
ASV C5 levers
Spiegler SS brake lines
Stompgrip
New meat, Michelin 2CTs

Do you know what kind of power you are making with the full R55 and power commander after you tuned it? Just wondering cause i have slipon but tihnking about going up to the full if theres a way to just add the headers. Sweet list of mods too on top of that

·
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeaaaaaa.... less than 12 hours and I'll be ripping around Fontana.

motomummy, I'll look into a quickshifter. Thanks for the suggestion!

PCP and outof, I bet that was a big change too! I've only ridden a liter bike once, and in a straight line... that was enough for me! I'm a small guy, this modded sixxer is plenty.

jofro, I'll be doing a Dyno run soon. Didn't get the #s when I got it tuned in the first place. Also, I never did a dyno run when the bike was stock, so no #s to compare it to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts