Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Supporter
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for the first ride of the season on Friday. The roads were finally clear enough and temperature was high enough. Great feeling to be back out on 2:yahoo

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
SkiWee393 said:
Went for the first ride of the season on Friday. The roads were finally clear enough and temperature was high enough. Great feeling to be back out on 2:yahoo
Yeah bishes, you know whats up!!
I'm getting tires installed tomorrow, looking to shoot up by you for a mountain ride sometime this week.. Get Dustin out too!!

·
235 Posts
hell yeah
i was out for a little while on fri too. still got to mount up some new tires and get the chain and sprockets done, but i just couldnt resist going out for a while.

·
Site Supporter
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kelevra said:
Get Dustin out too!!
Dustin made it out saturday after I made him jealous about having to work friday while I rode. We will definitely have to set a ride up soon. I still have weekends off until the beginning of april or so, after that my work schedule sucks for weekends.

·
Zippy's My bitch
18,231 Posts
I made it up and down the street to test out the GP shift pattern. Also didn't have an plastic on the bike so the end of the street was as far as I made it.

·
Site Supporter
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How'd you like the GP shift? I did it to my track bike and absolutely love it. I wish I could do it to the motard, I might end up having to switch the track bike back just so I don't get confused running each one a different way.

·
2,452 Posts
You eat coast riders are so late.... LOL...

J/K

db79 said:
I made it up and down the street to test out the GP shift pattern. Also didn't have an plastic on the bike so the end of the street was as far as I made it.
how'd you like the shift pattern?

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
SkiWee393 said:
How'd you like the GP shift? I did it to my track bike and absolutely love it. I wish I could do it to the motard, I might end up having to switch the track bike back just so I don't get confused running each one a different way.
Good for you bro, that race pattern would prolly fug me up, I'd prolly end up on the rocky side of Bear mountain.

·
2,452 Posts
no it wouldnt all you need is one good day and your set

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
05oaklandGSXR600 said:
no it wouldnt all you need is one good day and your set
Yeah, I guess I could get used to anything, but it would feel like I'm thinking about it, and I don't like taking attention away from riding.. As I said in that thread, I don't see it working for me on the street, but if you feel it betters you, MP2U..

·
Zippy's My bitch
18,231 Posts
Only made it through 3 gears, but so far so good. I think it will take at least a full day of riding for the new pattern to become more inherient after countless years of the traditional pattern. Hopefully, the bike will be out full time in about 2 weeks so I'll get more seat time. The dealer should have the throttle assembly in this week for the R1 mod..can't wait.

·
2,452 Posts
well have fun and be safe...

·
Site Supporter
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It won't take too long to acclimate to the gp shift and if you like it so far then you'll definitely love it in the long run. Really wish i could figure out a way to gp shift my motard that way i could leave both bikes set up for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts