Powercommander USB

ur just now getting a power commander

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
silversv1k said:
ur just now getting a power commander
no I have a PC3R, im switching to the USB version for finer tuneability and more flexability on adding options such as a hub, dual maps, etc

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Old Skool_R said:
sounds mean....any headwork?
yes I did headwork already. full race port/polish, 7 angle race valve job, 750 valve springs, titanium keepers and retainers and huge web cams.

head is also decked 25thou

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Old Skool_R said:
7 angle? damn man haha
yes, they cut valve in three different steps, stock is 3 angle cuts, street/race is 5 angles, and full race is 7 angles

the more you do the better flow around the valve you get while still retaining valve sealing to the head

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
mpdgsxr1000 said:
yes, they cut valve in three different steps, stock is 3 angle cuts, street/race is 5 angles, and full race is 7 angles

the more you do the better flow around the valve you get while still retaining valve sealing to the head
Dang, that sounds like a sick set-up Mike,,,
What are you looking at RWHP wise?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kelevra said:
Dang, that sounds like a sick set-up Mike,,,
What are you looking at RWHP wise?
with just the headwork and cams I have 175hp at the wheel, the big bore im hoping to get into the 190+hp range

but of course each dyno is different and its just a tuning tool so im not too concerned with HP numbers just as long as it runs right and real strong

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KWS says this setup should be in the 205-210 HP range but we've seen a few bikes with this setup run from anywhere from 188hp and up. all depends on what dyno and what type of day you run it on it

·
3,677 Posts
mpdgsxr1000 said:
with just the headwork and cams I have 175hp at the wheel, the big bore im hoping to get into the 190+hp range

but of course each dyno is different and its just a tuning tool so im not too concerned with HP numbers just as long as it runs right and real strong
how reliable will it be with all the internal work? how often you gonna have to rip back into it?

·
38 Posts
silversv1k said:
how reliable will it be with all the internal work? how often you gonna have to rip back into it?
It should be 100% streetable with regular maintinence!

Mike is it apart yet!

·
Members
5,173 Posts
Should be a monster mpd. I loved it when I did a big bore on my r1. The sound is definitely noticeable also...it's insane. the torque is what's the most noticeable though. My r1 is a machine in 1-3rd gear. You should do a before/after sound clip

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gixerhp said:
It should be 100% streetable with regular maintinence!

Mike is it apart yet!
correct, now if I went with the 1143cc stroker kit I'd have to tear it down every winter, the 1070cc kit runs just like a stock motor just bigger

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
motomummy said:
Should be a monster mpd. I loved it when I did a big bore on my r1. The sound is definitely noticeable also...it's insane. the torque is what's the most noticeable though. My r1 is a machine in 1-3rd gear. You should do a before/after sound clip
yeah I definately cant wait, you should still send us your 1k motor so we can work some magic with it now that you got all the pretty parts done to it

·
3,677 Posts
mpdgsxr1000 said:
correct, now if I went with the 1143cc stroker kit I'd have to tear it down every winter, the 1070cc kit runs just like a stock motor just bigger
are you doing the motor work yourself?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ohh also while the motor is apart I've decided to do ceramic engine bearings, a billet shift shaft, and possibly doing ceramic wheel bearings

1 - 20 of 42 Posts