Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off who ever views this thread needs to say something

now ive been looking for a tail fairing for my red/black 05 K6 and i always see them for 300+ (OEM is all i can find)

Now i've been on the prowl again and i see these ABS plastics full set for $300-$600 and im wondering are they good quailty and etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...006QQitemZ160209338437QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

well i need alls input

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunitly* (the spelling is for JC) it does... i got to get that red... it'll look funny being black or white...

i want those blue/black ones but then i'll have to buy a gas tank.... thats where having a cbr comes in (gas tank is a plastic cover)

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
05oaklandGSXR600 said:
unfortunitly* (the spelling is for JC) it does... i got to get that red... it'll look funny being black or white...

i want those blue/black ones but then i'll have to buy a gas tank.... thats where having a cbr comes in (gas tank is a plastic cover)
why can't you have it painted?

I could find it for you cheaper, but it will be primered... and it will be a race type tail... otherwise anything that will be a decent OEM type product will be pretty pricey.

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was thinking going race, but i use my trunk (lol) all the time... and for some reason i think that even if i get it exact match painted, it will still be off...

whats that one site called sharkskin.com?

and so are you saying that these hong kong plastics arent close to OEM quality?

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
05oaklandGSXR600 said:
yeah i was thinking going race, but i use my trunk (lol) all the time... and for some reason i think that even if i get it exact match painted, it will still be off...

whats that one site called sharkskin.com?

and so are you saying that these hong kong plastics arent close to OEM quality?
yeah i hear those plastics aren't really a great fit... but I don't knwo that for sure since I have never put them on anything. You get what you pay for, and fully painted plastics aren't cheap... If they are.... something is wrong.

What is the exact piece you need? Do you need the whole tail assembly or what?

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i need this in red... i still have my cowl

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all this time ive been looking at his site (since 2005) and the guy is right here... LOL

thats crazy

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx

·
Registered
322 Posts
theres a thread somewhere about these platics...
if i remember correctly they weren't that bad, as to race plastics i hear their not that good of fit either.....
but, like plastic said though "you get what you pay for"....good luck

i have an 04 1k with basically the same tail, i broke two of them ( faulty design )
mine kept breaking from wheelies ( also it was slammed / lowered ). raised it back to stock height, and had no problem since.....

captin squid will help you out with a real good price,,,,he help a buddy of mine with a fairing for his 600, i think he said mr.cycles was 150 cheaper ( i believe )

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Check with Mr Cycles, he's on the forum... aka... Captain Squid... one of our Moderators. He may be able to get you a good price on it
Thanks homie!

To the OP: The cheapest I can get one for brand new from Suzuki is $323.42.......I've heard a few things about the "Hong Kong" plastics from Ebay and it's all been bad. The paint fades, cracks and the fitment is horrible are the things I hear. There is a thread on them on another board, i'll see if I can find it. Also, You can find aftermarket tails (like sharkskins, OPP racing, hotbodies ect) With the seat cut out already. I know for a fact OPP does it and a buddy of mine has a sharkskins with an OEM seat cut out

·
115 Posts
Let me say this about that...I have purchased 3 complete sets so far.
The 1st was a set of srad plastic (actually fiberglass) The paintwork was amazing! better then factory paint! ALL the decals were clear coated over and everything was smooth and run free!
Naturally the fit of fiberglass bodywork can not equal the fit of oem, so be prepared for alittle fugding and fitment issues!
The 2nd/3rd sets were pvc plastic. The plastic is thin like maier plastic but it was CHEAP! I bought 2 sets for 400 each SHIPPED to my door!
For a bike i would want to fix/sell it will suffice. For my own ride, it would not.
There is also the pvc bodywork which is SUPPOSED to be similar in quality to oem bodywork? I can't say as i havent had any in hand to evaluate.
If you buy several sets the sellers will bargain with you so group buys may be a benefit regarding price.
So, In the end, Its price vs quality!

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they make it back up in shipping...

because yours is still cheaper if it was still 305

but if not i think your price now is only like $25-40 more

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Captain Squid said:
WOW! That is below cost. They are either

A) Losing $$$$ on everyone they sell

Or

haven't updated/uploaded their recent Suzuki price tape
Yeah I forgot about that place.... But they have low prices on OEM stuff... but I don't know what it equates to after shipping.

·
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for me it said 331 or something like that i know it was 33_ .......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts