• 0ºC

• -5ºC

• -10ºC

• It's never too cold!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding since 2008, but always alone. I've never had any friends that ride.
Usually people learn tips and tricks form friends in regards to maintenance, comfort, etc.. Little things to which you don't give much thought as you learn them but that really add up over the years. I've missed out on that. I'm hoping some of you can share some simple but useful tips that you've picked up.

For example, I spoke with a gentleman at Canadian Tire this summer who offered me a great tip on riding in the cold. He said to wear thick leather riding gloves and place my hands on the motor every time I'm at a red light or stop sign.
In the cold weather I find I get a cold breeze goes up my pant legs. I was thinking of trying hockey socks bunched under the cuffs of my pants.
Is there any gear that is a must to carry? Do you carry anything different on long trips vs short trips?

· Super Moderator
200 Posts
Born in Michigan till 13 , Then moved to the very bottom of Texas , Very extreem weather is routine .. Rode in snow when small , rode in snow in Mission , Tx. Only 2 times since 1968 have I done that ...., Guys at the dealsrship thought I was nuts ..., But , they joined in ...,

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For my cold weather , Not really that cold , Hoodie under a XXL helmet Full faced . Gautlent style leather gloves , Heavy duty socks , Hockey type ... and rubber straps , made from old tubes to hold pants atound boots ..,
Hockey tape is actually a good idea! I've already sewn a velcro tab to the bottom of my motorcycle pants to held them down, and the tape will stop the draft going up the leg.
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts