Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are yours?

1. Going Fast/knowing you can beat those guys with the $40,000+ cars.
2. Filling up with $12 bucks next to a H2 payin $80+
3. The smell of my leathers as I open my closet every morning knowing I get to ride that day.
4. Wheelies.
5. Chicks dig it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same. All but the wheelies.
Also I love meeting up with my riding bud. We always have a cool destination in mind. And along the way, it's planned out to hit some nice roads, twisties, etc.
Chicks love the bikes. I should put my passenger pegs/rear seat back on for this riding season. Had to sit out and just watch as my friend gave girls some rides.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GixxPA said:
Same. All but the wheelies.
Also I love meeting up with my riding bud. We always have a cool destination in mind. And along the way, it's planned out to hit some nice roads, twisties, etc.
Chicks love the bikes. I should put my passenger pegs/rear seat back on for this riding season. Had to sit out and just watch as my friend gave girls some rides.
:rotfl Haha that sux I know what you mean... I sometimes ride without my seat or pegs too and it sux when girls ask to go for a ride "i've never been on a bike b4 bla bla bla means (I wana go for a ride)" and it sux saying "sorry I don't have room for u" So I put em on if I plan on stopping places where that might happen...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Favorite thing about riding for me is forgetting about all the problems in the world. When I'm riding I don't think about my problems, debts, work etc. It's like therapy. Just me, the road, and my bike. There is little that compares. There is nothing like having a bad day at work, then going for a ride. Forgetting about everything that took place that day. The track thing is addicting too. The all out speed and adrenaline. If only I had discovered the track about 20 years ago..........who knows. Not too many motogp teams looking for 35 year old rookies. I gave up riding for about 10 years and have been back in the saddle for the last 2. There's no turning back now. Gixxer for life!

·
16 Posts
1. Having enough power to hold the front wheel about 3" off the ground from 1st thru 4th gear...
2. Taking a 'mental break' from life for a few hours
3. Listening to people call me 'crazy' for having a bike

4. Making great friends to ride with
5. Being SO low in a corner (at the track), that you have to pull a knee IN. That's sex on a bike

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
So......
1.theraputic
2.adrenaline rush
3.freedom
4.competition
and of course.....
5.wheelies

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Li0nel1234 said:
What are yours?

1. Going Fast/knowing you can beat those guys with the $40,000+ cars.
2. Filling up with $12 bucks next to a H2 payin $80+
3. The smell of my leathers as I open my closet every morning knowing I get to ride that day.
4. Wheelies.
5. Chicks dig it.
1. Just the feeling of pure fulfillment being on the bike, nothing else in the world matters. Like others have said, it's therapeutic.
2. Dragging knee... it's like sex.
3. Being able to see the look on other peoples' face when you show them picture of your bike inches of the ground with a knee down.

4. Knowing that I can beat $100,000+ cars.

5. Making people back up all the smack they talk about being able to ride.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
1) It's my drug, some people snort it, shoot it, smoke it or drink it, I just ride, hard.
2) The feeling of entering a turn hot, hitting that apex perfectly, and on the gas hard at the exit, not much is better..
3) Speed sense: after you've been riding hard, everything in life seems to slow down a notch.
4) Cruising through the countryside, when you're driving a car, well, it seems like you're watching a movie, when you're riding, you are in the movie..
5) The Sunday Burn, going out at 6:00am on a Summer Sunday with a tight group of fast guys, and just tearing it up Isle of Mann style.

·
Certified Trackwhore
8,774 Posts
Kelevra said:
1) It's my drug, some people snort it, shoot it, smoke it or drink it, I just ride, hard.
2) The feeling of entering a turn hot, hitting that apex perfectly, and on the gas hard at the exit, not much is better..
3) Speed sense: after you've been riding hard, everything in life seems to slow down a notch.
4) Cruising through the countryside, when you're driving a car, well, it seems like you're watching a movie, when you're riding, you are in the movie..
5) The Sunday Burn, going out at 6:00am on a Summer Sunday with a tight group of fast guys, and just tearing it up Isle of Mann style.
#1 says it all.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
parkone said:
Favorite thing about riding for me is forgetting about all the problems in the world. When I'm riding I don't think about my problems, debts, work etc. It's like therapy. Just me, the road, and my bike. There is little that compares. There is nothing like having a bad day at work, then going for a ride. Forgetting about everything that took place that day. The track thing is addicting too. The all out speed and adrenaline.

NOS-Nelson said:
#1 says it all.

·
3,306 Posts
1. You don't have to listen to your friends blab on about something you have aboslutely no desire to hear.
2. People freak out when they see a chick on a bike
3. My parents hate it
4. It's an outdoor activity you can actually do in Arizona
5. Ah hell it's just f-ing fantastic!!!

·
3,306 Posts
well... they dont HATE it.... my mom about cries every time i tell her i'm gonna go for a ride... and my dad says "good thing you made me your beneficiary" oh thanks dad...

·
350 Posts
SarahJ said:
well... they dont HATE it.... my mom about cries every time i tell her i'm gonna go for a ride... and my dad says "good thing you made me your beneficiary" oh thanks dad...

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
SarahJ said:
I hear ya. My parents tell me it's an expensive hobby and that I'm going to go broke...........but they have an 03 Cobra convert that doesn't move unless there's a car show (my dad gets into those even though it's 100% stock) and a 03 Chevy 2500 Crew cab diesel turbo that ONLY moves when the 5th wheel camper moves out of the driveway...........so let's see there's 3 things worth over $25k each that move maybe.....MAYBE 5 times a year.

·
350 Posts
Captain Squid said:
Same here. Sigh
My dad doesnt really hate it all that much, He rides a Harley so he is forever calling mine a crotch rocket, rice burner...etc. My Mom didnt talk to me for a couple days after i brought it home. Still havent decided if that was a blessing in disguise or not

·
3,306 Posts
yeah my dad is a big money junkie
well....he won't spend the money unless he has to. you can thank him for me having a roth ira, deferred comp, state retirement, and a money market
when i told him i was going to buy this bike he was like "that's 5 grand more you could have in your savings account" and i was like "you even told me, if you can't buy it cash, you can't afford it. well dad, i can afford it...how about i give you the money, then i put it on your credit card so you get the cash back" the next thing i here is "do they take american express?"

·
2,452 Posts
1. speed, race, stunt, do turns
2. getting places quicker
3. another type of social life
4. less gas
5. the smell of my garage

·
2,452 Posts
thats the life nos4u....

just be careful

1 - 20 of 37 Posts