Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gearing up to do some track days and wonder what you guys bring and consider must haves. I'm on a budget (haha) so keep it bare bones basic if you will. I am pulling a little 5x8 enclosed with my pickup. So far planning on:

Cooler w/ water, gatorade, etc
Stands
Chair and tent/canopy
Toolbox

Will I need......

gas cans? I guess so if you don't want to be riding over to the pump during the course of the day.

Air gauge and pump of some sort to keep tire pressure right.

Can you rent umbrella girls?

·
93 Posts
Gas can(s), for an extra 5 gals or so.

Tire gauge

"Air pig" - a portable air tank. They run about $25 at Home Depot and you can fill them at a gas station

Water, gatoraid, snacks

canopy for shade, some chairs

bike stands

basic tools

don't forget to pack your bike key!!!!

·
93 Posts
meenbeemer said:
Yup, do you know how many times I've seen or heard of someone showing up without it? And modern sportbikes are nearly impossible to hotwire. At one day last year, a locksmith came out to the track for one rider who'd lost the key and worked on the bike for a few hours, to no avail!

·
Site Sponsor
1,445 Posts
Go over your bike with a fine tooth comb before hand. Check chain tension, loose nuts/bolts...everything.

Thats the main thing I find when doing tech, chains overtightened. Your suspension wont work for shit with a tight chain.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
TrackStar1 said:
Go over your bike with a fine tooth comb before hand. Check chain tension, loose nuts/bolts...everything.

Thats the main thing I find when doing tech, chains overtightened. Your suspension wont work for shit with a tight chain.

The :basics: are pretty much covered above. Stay hydrated for sure

·
Registered
200 Posts
spare rags, towels, etc.
extra motor oil, chain lube, etc.
straps and tie-downs for your tent
extra $$ for emergencies

·
db's Idol
6,925 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info Zippy and all. Its a beautiful thing right now because I have yet to realize I can't afford it.

What are kidneys going for on the open market nowadays? I've got two kids, that at least two more kidneys.....what else, what else?

·
Registered
324 Posts
speedwasinvolved said:
Thanks for the info Zippy and all. Its a beautiful thing right now because I have yet to realize I can't afford it.

What are kidneys going for on the open market nowadays? I've got two kids, that at least two more kidneys.....what else, what else?
How much for your wife? does she cook? how long do i have to keep her?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts