Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did research but still have questions. The kit i'm interested is velocity racing. Would a power commander be good enough to work with the turbo kit? If not, what is? My goal is to have a 200hp street bike. Not too much b/c I dont wanna mess with internal work yet. Is there anything else I need to work with the velocity turbo kit? I dont know much about modding a bike as much as modding my car. I'm learning though. thanks
Jimmy

·
BLK CBR
925 Posts
velocity kits are designed for stock internal motors and the stage 1 kit puts out about 250hp, power commander should be enough for what u want. also have a look at rcc turbo kits, i am in the middle of installing one of these kits on my mates busa and its is a well put together kit with easy to follow instructions.........

·
BLK CBR
925 Posts
if your only out for 200hp or so look at thread "finally got my white k8" you can get near 200hp with a bit of head work and some cams/pipe/pc3......

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kinda trying to stay away from going inside the motor. My goal was at least 200hp street bike. Nothing major. I should rephrase that. And I like boost. Would I have to upgrade the clutch also?

·
BLK CBR
925 Posts
just the clutch springs for the stage 1 kits, most supply them with the kit.........

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you get a velocity kit you need to run the radiator to make it work. RCC turbos kit uses a scavenger pump. i set mine up to run without the scavenger pump because i didn't want to depend on something to drain my oil. either kit is a good one. I had richard @ rcc build mine to run without a scavenger pump and just cut the radiator. no cooling issues at all. RCC has better customer service IMO so that is why they got my money.

only thing else you should do to keep it together is put a oil pan baffle in or a flat pan with a swivel pickup and HD clutch springs and thats all you need. I would also install a fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge just to see whats going on.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed rccturbos asking about a turbo kit and what he can do. I got an email back saying they haven't made a kit yet and not sure if 05-06 will fit. That's all. I ask a hand full of questions but none was answered.

What makes a 05-06 different from 07-08? Is it the head where exhaust mani bolts up to?

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
PurEvo said:
I emailed rccturbos asking about a turbo kit and what he can do. I got an email back saying they haven't made a kit yet and not sure if 05-06 will fit. That's all. I ask a hand full of questions but none was answered.

What makes a 05-06 different from 07-08? Is it the head where exhaust mani bolts up to?
You should voulnteer you'rs for the first install/fab up......they might hook it up with a nice discount

·
Registered
4 Posts
Barry @ velocity makes a great kit that makes good power. I warn you STAY AWAY from TURBO BIKE RESEARCH. Horrible kits and even worse customer service. I had their turbo kit on my 05 wound up sellin it for $600.

I cant help you much on the fit between the two, I can tell you, if you have the know how you will save money building the kit yourself.

·
Registered
128 Posts
PurEvo said:

call him. he will answer anything you ask if you get him on the phone....

·
Registered
322 Posts
go with velocity ( Barry is a good dude and knows his shit...plus he races his own shit...talk about r&d ), and check the better business bureau about the other 2 you asked about, not good recommendations ( turbo bike research a.k.a slow boy racing )

why wouldn't you run the radiator in a street application? don't understand:confused

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided not to turbo my bike anymore. All the research I did and it would cost more than half the bikes worth. But it's something I know now and something I can think about again later.

·
Registered
128 Posts
more then half the bikes worth? how much power you trying to make? are you mechanically inclined? there are lots of ways to save money and built a kit for much less then one already put together.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn't tryin to push too much. Goal was 200hp. I dont want too much where I'd have to build the motor to handle. Yes i'm mechanically inclined. I like to build things myself but modifying bikes is sorta new to me. For instants, a velocity kit is around 4gs(for 05-06 models. Dunno bout 07+) pc, bout 250, tuning about 350. And miscellaneous stuff. I'm having trouble looking for parts alone to do custom kit. Unless you can help me. =D

·
Registered
128 Posts
what ya want to know or want help with? fuel pump is 80 bucks on ebay..begi 2025 is 200...airbox you and make or RCC has them for 450 and velocity sells the header for 600.

thats around 1300 for the basic set up minus the turbo. how much you want to spend on the turbo? there are GT series and the T series. gt series are on the high end because they have dual ball bearings. t series have journal bearings.

like i said it just depends on how nice you want your set up. i bought the header and air box and fad everything else myself. i spent alittle more but i have the "upgrades" that you would get in the kit for far less then if I would have got the kit then upgraded.

if your really serious send me a pm and I can dig deeper into it and point you in the right direction. its not cheap but a kit can be had for less then 4 grand...just takes time and effort......

·
Registered
4 Posts
If i am correct, the tuners kits include pc3's with there custom map for the application.

You can easily build your own turbo kit, I actually bought a header off of ebay and it worked alot better and looked to be beter quality than turbo bike researches. I payed 126 for the header, and i believe you can buy a dump for 130ish.

You can find a t-25 w internal wastegate used for about 200 or new for around 700

bov around 140 or so used

you will need an oil feed and return line about 30 dollars

You will have to tap your oil pan ive got 2 laying around not sure if they will fit 07 off of 05.

you will need about 3 hose clamps and some piping 60

also the upper plentum I called a machine shop, they said they would build one for 130 here in tulsa

lastly you will need a power commander Ive got a pc3 usb off an 05 im not using for 150 dollars not sure if it will work with your bike or not

So for about 1400 :moneyyou can build a kit

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hell, I looked into turbos again. I've already started ordering parts so there's no turning back.

With turbo set ups i've been reading, people are either gonna have to cut/modify the radiator to fit the turbo or use a scavenger pump or sort of way to get oil back in. Is there a way to not use either?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts