Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres some new pics. i have powdercoated the rear wheel to match the front and the case covers to match the wheels. there is a new used shock from a 954 that is the correct spring rate for my weight. i installed a new rear metzeler m3 and freshened up the forks with new fork oil. also i cut the passenger foot pegs off so it looks and acts only as a exhaust hanger. then of course i powdercoated it silver with pc clear coat. the trunk lid is now operated be a door lock acuator and fastened between the subframe and bodywork. it works great and there is no keyhole so its nice and clean. it only works when the key is on. just hit the button and it opens.

Attachments

·
Site Supporter
102 Posts
Looks nice! I like the remote trunk idea too. I can't tell you how many times I've left my key in the tail of the gixx, after parking and grabbing things from the trunk. I was gonna re-do mine with a remote pull release and hide the pull handle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that was my first thought too but then i thought of the door lock acuator wired into a power source the would only allow access when the ignition is on. if anybody wants more info on how i did it and the materials used id be happy to write them up and add some more pics. thanks for the thumbs up.

·
1,047 Posts
long_av8rs_bro said:
that was my first thought too but then i thought of the door lock acuator wired into a power source the would only allow access when the ignition is on. if anybody wants more info on how i did it and the materials used id be happy to write them up and add some more pics. thanks for the thumbs up.
i take
a look at it for sure but i dont think i would do it because it would make a point without removing the rear keyhole

·
BLK CBR
921 Posts
long_av8rs_bro said:
yeah some info on that mod would be great, i am just about to fit an undertail on my mates 929 and was wondering what to do with the key for the trunk........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BLK K8 said:
yeah some info on that mod would be great, i am just about to fit an undertail on my mates 929 and was wondering what to do with the key for the trunk........
lay some fiberglass over the hole from the inside of the undertail. but first cut a round piece of plastic a little larger than the hole and smear a good amount of carnuba wax on it and tape it over the hole on the finished side of the undertail. tape it good with masking tape, a couple layers. then just lay you glass the way you normally would and when its cured the plastic comes off really nice and its a good patch ready for a light filler and paint. ill post a list of materials for the latch release tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.