Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not really a fan of a non-locking gas cap, but would rather black out the cap this way then powdercoating the stock base. I've heard these caps leak when the bike is wheelied. Has anyone had this issue???? I wheelie every now and again and this would annoy me.

·
Banned
225 Posts
i dont like the fact that my gas cap is open and not locked to the public..

i perfer and feel safer with the stock-cap...

plus 80-100 bucks for one can kiss my ass

rather buy a filter or brake lines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Biga said:
If properly installed it will not leak.

I prefer the carbon gas cap from Motowheels
thanks bro. cf will be done later this year :biggrin

Verapakill said:
Ever thought about just keeping both tired on the ground?
i guess your that guy

Ghost said:

plus 80-100 bucks for one can kiss my ass

rather buy a filter or brake lines.
yeah me too i dislike non-locking ones but the reality of it is I never leave my bike out of sight when I'm out riding

·
529 Posts
No leaks when wheelieing, but kind of a pain to unscrew then have to sit on gloves while filling up. It back pressures a little and when you unscrew it, it usualy releases a little gas around the edges, no big deal when level, but when on side stand it has ran down the tank. I bitch to see into the tank when filling so you don't overflow. All in all it looks good but I'd never buy another one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
loren said:
No leaks when wheelieing, but kind of a pain to unscrew then have to sit on gloves while filling up. It back pressures a little and when you unscrew it, it usualy releases a little gas around the edges, no big deal when level, but when on side stand it has ran down the tank. I bitch to see into the tank when filling so you don't overflow. All in all it looks good but I'd never buy another one
thanks. I figured there were drawbacks to it. I love the stock cap, so I guess I'll just call the powdercoater tommorow.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Ghost said:

Same here. Although I don't like to leave my bike where I can't see it, sometimes even for a few min ya have to.

·
Registered
643 Posts
loren said:
just a nother reason not to do it

·
Members
5,173 Posts
it shouldn't leak when wheeling and yes the harris is about as trick as it gets when it comes to gas caps. No doubt about it.

·
584 Posts
Heres mine. No problems on one but I don't do 3 mile wheelies and such. It did leak the other day, got distracted at the pump and zipped off without the cap. It was only a problem when I braked.:shock

Attachments

·
584 Posts
I thought the thread could use some comic relief. I got looking at someone who was looking at me and got out of my routine and off I go with no lid! Shit! My leathers smell very manly now, 93 octane and such.....

·
Members
5,173 Posts
lol that is pretty funny. One time I was riding in a group and we all go to pay inside as we wanted to drinks and the lady tells this one guy "what type of bike is that you're riding?". We thought she was nuts as he had the shittiest bike of all. One of the first r6's every compared to a bunch of r1's, cbr 1k's, k6's, etc. He tells her and she says "that's awesome as i've never seen a diesel sportbike before". We all looked at where he was parked and where he got gas before we all LAUGHED OUR ASSES OFF in the gas station.

·
529 Posts
I've seen and heard of diesels getting gas, but never a bike getting diesel. The harassing he must of got for that one.

·
Registered
322 Posts
motomummy said:
lol that is pretty funny. One time I was riding in a group and we all go to pay inside as we wanted to drinks and the lady tells this one guy "what type of bike is that you're riding?". We thought she was nuts as he had the shittiest bike of all. One of the first r6's every compared to a bunch of r1's, cbr 1k's, k6's, etc. He tells her and she says "that's awesome as i've never seen a diesel sportbike before". We all looked at where he was parked and where he got gas before we all LAUGHED OUR ASSES OFF in the gas station.
OH SHIT:rofl

1 - 20 of 31 Posts