Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has them on their K5-K6 1K... or had a similar issue as me.

I installed the rear sets a while back, and on the right side, the brake line is kind of screwing me because it is limiting how I adjust the position. You can see in the picture how the brake line isn't how it should be. Have any of you experienced this?

I'm assuming the only fix for it would be to get a shorter brake line, but I was wondering if I screwed something up or is this just one of those "aftermarket it is how it is" type things?
I've meant to address this for awhile, but you know how that goes.

Sorry for the horrible picture quality, if you guys can't see it I will snap another pic.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You are running this on the track right? Honda HRC sells a kit that replaces the resevoir with just a special clear tube and a vent on the end. Thats pretty much all you need and it looks cool too, ill try and find a pic for yah. No idea on the rear line problem.

Heres the kit, http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?products_id=459

If you didnt want to buy the kit, you can use "Tygon" type tubing. From my research this is what you need to hold up to brake fluid, everything else will sweat thru.

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Thanks that is pretty cool, So I'm guessing there is no way to mount the rear reservoir without making something yourself or replacing the whole setup.

Yeah the line Is what seems to be screwing me as far as adjusting position, I guess I just have to hope someone else has these rearsets and knows the solution.

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Old Skool_R said:
If im seein this right, the problem is the hose is starting to kink right? Couldnt you loosen the clamp on the swingarm and push the slack towards the caliper?
Yeah you are seeing it correctly, the clamp is already loose,
that's the problem, Even with the clamp loose it still doesn't leave me any room to move anywhere, it's weird.

·
514 Posts
I was going to go with a set of vortex rearsets on my '06, but will wait to see how your situation pans out. Please keep us informed..Sorry no fix here, but good luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.