Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has them on their K5-K6 1K... or had a similar issue as me.

I installed the rear sets a while back, and on the right side, the brake line is kind of screwing me because it is limiting how I adjust the position. You can see in the picture how the brake line isn't how it should be. Have any of you experienced this?

I'm assuming the only fix for it would be to get a shorter brake line, but I was wondering if I screwed something up or is this just one of those "aftermarket it is how it is" type things?
I've meant to address this for awhile, but you know how that goes.

Sorry for the horrible picture quality, if you guys can't see it I will snap another pic.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah and another thing, where did you guys mount your reservoirs? If you notice, mine is zip tied with the brake switch along with it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You are running this on the track right? Honda HRC sells a kit that replaces the resevoir with just a special clear tube and a vent on the end. Thats pretty much all you need and it looks cool too, ill try and find a pic for yah. No idea on the rear line problem.

Heres the kit, http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?products_id=459

If you didnt want to buy the kit, you can use "Tygon" type tubing. From my research this is what you need to hold up to brake fluid, everything else will sweat thru.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Thanks that is pretty cool, So I'm guessing there is no way to mount the rear reservoir without making something yourself or replacing the whole setup.

Yeah the line Is what seems to be screwing me as far as adjusting position, I guess I just have to hope someone else has these rearsets and knows the solution.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
That clear tubing is a good suggestion and has been use that way for decades on racebikes. I did it that way as well, worked fine, but then I wasn't really a huge rear braker..

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kelevra said:
That clear tubing is a good suggestion and has been use that way for decades on racebikes. I did it that way as well, worked fine, but then I wasn't really a huge rear braker..
Yeah that would take care of the reservoir issue, what about the actual brake line?

·
Registered
324 Posts
If im seein this right, the problem is the hose is starting to kink right? Couldnt you loosen the clamp on the swingarm and push the slack towards the caliper?

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Old Skool_R said:
If im seein this right, the problem is the hose is starting to kink right? Couldnt you loosen the clamp on the swingarm and push the slack towards the caliper?
Yeah you are seeing it correctly, the clamp is already loose,
that's the problem, Even with the clamp loose it still doesn't leave me any room to move anywhere, it's weird.

·
513 Posts
I was going to go with a set of vortex rearsets on my '06, but will wait to see how your situation pans out. Please keep us informed..Sorry no fix here, but good luck

·
Registered
324 Posts
Loosen the banjo bolt on the caliper and rotate the line towards the back of the bike, then re-tighten. SHould take some of that slack out.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Captain Squid said:
What's wrong with a stock rear brake line????? I prefer it for stock for the rear
He was probably kidding, we were playing Project Gotham 4 on xbox yesterday and we were racing gsxr 1000s and were saying how the brakes sucked and microsof needed to upgrade the lines and pads.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Ahhh..............I might have to get in on this Xbox thing you speak of, so I can keep current with all the jokes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts