Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have magnets on their bike so that you dont have to wait at the traffic light all day? Didnt know if anyone had tried this before. Strontium is the magnet of choice ive heard.

·
113 Posts
BY LAW

If you have a vehicle that is unable to trip the traffic light and you have waited at said light for a sufficient amount of time (2+ min). You are allowed to pass with extreme caution.

Got this information form my MSF instructor and had a cop verify it.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
logan1 said:
BY LAW

If you have a vehicle that is unable to trip the traffic light and you have waited at said light for a sufficient amount of time (2+ min). You are allowed to pass with extreme caution.

Got this information form my MSF instructor and had a cop verify it.
that probably varies per state I would imagine

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If im by myself i could care less about waiting a couple minutes but ive had a line of cars behind me going insane because the light wouldnt trip.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
For $9 that magnet seems like it's worth a try. I don't have patients enought to sit at a light for 2+ cycles. I can tell if it's not going to change and then the first chance I get I'm gone.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
those laws are per state. Many states have those laws though. Minnesota does. If it's an "unreasonable" amount of time then you can go once it's safe.

·
Site Supporter
243 Posts
I just put the kickstand down and lean it over....Usually enough to trip it

·
750 Posts
there used to be a product that was a light tripper, didnt work for shit tho:lmao

·
151 Posts
yea i have the same damn thing right near my gym at the light on my way home from there. there is a center of the road grassy area with some pavement for the side walk and on it there is a button on the pole for the people walking to get the light to cycle. well if i dont have anybody near me (i can sometimes get a car close enough they will trip it) and nobody comming ill put the bike on the kick stand and run over to the button on the pole press it and run back to the bike.

yes i have gotten the odd look as some body rolled up on me as i was doing it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts