Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx. I finally used the barnes and noble gift cert from christmas. Got Twist of the Wrist I and II coming to the house for under $18, used of course. Couldn't find a deal on the Pridmore book, I'll check it out after these.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
anthony said:
sport riding techniques by nick ienatsch
I read this one and really liked it.

But I let some squid fucker borrow it and never got it back.


What is it with motorcyclists being unable to return things in a timely manner? I let this guy borrow my canyon dancer once and it literally took me MONTHS to get it back.
 

·
And, Here, We, Go...
Joined
·
8,017 Posts
speedwasinvolved said:
Thx. I finally used the barnes and noble gift cert from christmas. Got Twist of the Wrist I and II coming to the house for under $18, used of course. Couldn't find a deal on the Pridmore book, I'll check it out after these.
If you do nothing else to better your riding skills, real the first book. It's really a guide, it's not meant to be read in full, and put down. Read a chapter, think about it, go out and ride, take some notes, read another chapter, repeat. You will find your skills multiply. I taught myself to ride with that book, as well as riding Sundays with an ex-racer and other fast guys.
 

·
Site Supporter
Joined
·
243 Posts
I have all the Keith Code books plus Sport Riding Techniques (No Mel, it's not yours). I also have ToTW II in pdf format so I can view it on the puter when I'm away from the "Reading Room"!!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
115 Posts
I hate to bash KC and his sunshine boys but i'm less enthralled with old Keith!
One of his books/videos was like watching a film school drop-out movie!
Dizzy hand held video made me want to puke in my full face.
I met the guy at one of his schools with my ex.
Reminded me of a surfer dude with a motorcycle instead of a board.
He has definately capitalized on a market, NO question there!
Some of the attendees at his school had also taken Freddie Spencers course and said there was NO comparison!
I know there will be those who disagree but this is my perception from the time i spent around him which was only one weekend.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
I would love to go to the Schwantz school. He is seriously the coolest guy I have ever met, totally friendly and will really talk with you. The only thing is the cost...but at least they provide the bikes.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going back May 22-23 with my own bike, this pos 750 I bought, if I can get it right by then. I think it is $1200 with your own ride. It was cool last time to be out there doing your thing and Kevin freakin zips by like you were on a 250.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
THE SRADIATOR said:
I hate to bash KC and his sunshine boys but i'm less enthralled with old Keith!
One of his books/videos was like watching a film school drop-out movie!
Dizzy hand held video made me want to puke in my full face.
I met the guy at one of his schools with my ex.
Reminded me of a surfer dude with a motorcycle instead of a board.
He has definately capitalized on a market, NO question there!
Some of the attendees at his school had also taken Freddie Spencers course and said there was NO comparison!
I know there will be those who disagree but this is my perception from the time i spent around him which was only one weekend.


keith code is definitely "laid back" if you will...

tell you what though, like mel i would love to go here: http://www.schwantzschool.com/2008site/index.html
 

·
And, Here, We, Go...
Joined
·
8,017 Posts
THE SRADIATOR said:
I hate to bash KC and his sunshine boys but i'm less enthralled with old Keith!
One of his books/videos was like watching a film school drop-out movie!
Dizzy hand held video made me want to puke in my full face.
I met the guy at one of his schools with my ex.
Reminded me of a surfer dude with a motorcycle instead of a board.
He has definately capitalized on a market, NO question there!
Some of the attendees at his school had also taken Freddie Spencers course and said there was NO comparison!
I know there will be those who disagree but this is my perception from the time i spent around him which was only one weekend.
My experience was that I'd been reading the books for several years, and the school strongly reinforced all that, as well as teaching me techniques for the the specific track @ Loudon.
I enjoyed the classroom, and the individual talks with the instructors and Keith as well. I'm sure there are many great schools out there, probable even better ones. As you said KC brought it all to light, all the others simply took his techniques and gave them different names, as he is the guru.
For the beginner rider, I'd save the $thousands that schools cost and just really comfy on the street via reading the first book, and lotsa saddle time. As Keith would say, Smooth is Fast, my fave quote.:biggrin
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
115 Posts
I have heard from folks who have done spencers school and codes that you have to forget/unlearn what code taught you as spencers school is completely different.
Personally...After reading some of his books and seeing the cheesey video, id be looking at other schools than K codes.
Just my 02 from the info i collected while i was there.
Its more of a "from the outside looking in" kind of thing so i dont expect anyone to take it as gospel!
 

·
And, Here, We, Go...
Joined
·
8,017 Posts
THE SRADIATOR said:
After reading some of his books and seeing the cheesey video,,,
I agree, the vid is very cheesy, and if they're still using the one I own, it's filmed in the 80's, the clothing, bikes and idioms are dated. The quality? Well, it def. doesn't view like a Rambo part 14 movie. The content on the other hand, is excellent, it reinforces the first book really well, and as a teacher, that's what I was looking at.. All perspectives are good though!
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top