Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Haven't gotten to ride it yet, but I am in the process of restoring my 1982 GS450GA Suzukimatic. Very nice bike, and it has a few features that make it preferable, at least to me, compared to the manual version. With higher cam lobes, and an accelerator pump on the carbs, this bike has higher torque but at a sacrifice to the top speed. It offsets the inefficiency of being an automatic with a torque converter by having these features. I just finished the engine rebuild and will be painting the frame soon.

· Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't gotten to ride it yet, but I am in the process of restoring my 1982 GS450GA Suzukimatic. Very nice bike, and it has a few features that make it preferable, at least to me, compared to the manual version. With higher cam lobes, and an accelerator pump on the carbs, this bike has higher torque but at a sacrifice to the top speed. It offsets the inefficiency of being an automatic with a torque converter by having these features. I just finished the engine rebuild and will be painting the frame soon.
Let's see pics , Never seen one , or ridden one ....

· Registered
6 Posts
Let's see pics , Never seen one , or ridden one ....
I have linked a video of the engine. I have rebuilt it, but had to take the case back apart due to a missing shim behind the bevel gear. Went ahead and took a video of the action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts